Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
My homage to the 80'ies 3 min up-tempo synth-pop songs
  • Tried to capture the essence of the fun, up-tempo and a bit melancholy synth-pop of the 80'ies. The decade I loved so much. I made this with a lot of old gear for the music Rolands, Korgs and Yamaha DX of course. Shot on the Sony A6000 with the kit-lens and the 55mm 1.8. Some shots are with the iPhone 6 and a 4K hack to get some movement going.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I actually is working on a track right now that a friend of mine suggested I should send to Van Damme haha. Thanks for your comments and glad you liked it. As for the jeans... well they've served me well for a long time now. ;-)

• No frakkin way! Another Synthwaver on P-V! Excellent track with spot on sound, killer vocals and gobsmackingly good progressions :-) You can't go wrong with the wholy trinity of a Juno 6, a DX7 and a DW6000. Extra points for the ripped jeans!

Do you have Soundcloud?

• Very cool @elkanah77. Reminds me of a cross between soundtracks for an 80s Van Damme movie and some kind of White Nights Gregory Hines thing...the sad moments after someone dies...just before they rally to make the comeback.

• Thanks guys! Appreciated. Be sure to check my site for more retro sounding tunes.

• Very cool! Someone else here with a synth addiction

• Great song! Not out of place at all, with today's mash-up of music styles!

• "Love the music - thanks for sharing! This could have been a hit in the 80's - you're very talented!"

That's very nice of you to say. Thanks!

• Love the music - thanks for sharing! This could have been a hit in the 80's - you're very talented!