Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wenpod Gimbal
  • Another interesting gimbal, the wenpod MD2 3-axis gimbal, supports 3kg. You can also use it with a steadycam vest. It looks very well build and stuff. Cost $2000, not sure if I like the sample footage though.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I did not like the sample footage as well as it seems to be a little jerky at times - probably in part due to to image stabilization of the camera. I love the design with it's ability to mount it on a tripod etc. Very cool. They also code their own software the video said, so that my be the reason you can operate it with the camera above left-right motor rather than the camera having to be under swing as with most gimbals. Maybe this configuration option is adding to the jerkiness. Anyways, it is shipping in Jan/Fed, so there is time for firmware improvements bug fixes.

• I think the jerkiness comes from the operator that has used the joystick. Then it is very likely to get jerky footage. I would try to avoid using the joystick while filming. Try to use the follow mode. Much smoother.

• @AKED, I think you're actually right. Looking at the footage on a wide 55" TV, the jerkiness is not as bad. I think it will work well with follow mode.

This gimbal and the Letux Helix Jr Aluminum is looking quite interesting, will see.