Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to get higher bit-rates and true 24fps with Gh13?
  • Howdie comrades,

(long time reader, first time joiner/poster)

So I came back from London with 4 hours worth of lens-test footage - mostly night-shoots and hand-held. This was my first shoot with my Gh1 re-born as a Gh13 after I applied the hack with LPowell 100mbps settings, with Overall Bitrate set at 108,000,000. I shot everything in FHD AVCHD, on 32GB class 10 Transcend cards. As far as I can remember, my Gh13 never crashed or frose.

The footage looks great, but it's not as "mind-blowing" as I expected.

Once I came back I got a software called Mediainfo (free from SourceForge), so as to check bit-rates, fps etc (great simple software). And I was pretty upset to find out that most of my videos are in 25fps (NOT 24fps or 23.976fps as I expected) and have bit-rates ranging from 15 to 20mbps. Is this normal??? I mean where's the 100mbps? or at least the 50mbps? Am I missing something?

So , how can I make those videos be capturing in TRUE 24fps with bit-rates as high as 40, 50, or even 86mbps, or even higher???

Many Thanks in advance for your advices and suggestions.

PS: a personal message to Vitaliy Kiselev:
    Vitaliy, ti GENIJ!!! Molodchina chto smog vzlomat' Gh1, Gh2 itd. Ti dal mnogo vozmozhnostei massam, snimat nastoyaschee KIHO. Tak derzhat', bratuxa! Salyut ot byvshego Sovka. i ogromnoe SPASIBO!
  • 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions