Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Using 30 min limit as a benefit?
  • Hi Guys,

Might there be a way to manipulate the '30 min limit' to allow for specified recording times? So you could set a timelapse etc and get the camera to record for an hour or so, then stop.

The main reason I ask is because with the latest "driftwood patch" the recording is cutting out at 3:58 (Because of the 4gig limit i've been told) and corrupting the file for Final Cut Pro. So just wondered if we could set the camera to cut out at 3:50 mins, by changing the max record limit, thus not corrupting the file.

Thanks
    Jon
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • this is actually a good idea.
  • +1
    Maybe this could be set by the person creating the patch?
  • just implement new time limit option, which could also be included with right value in the ini by patch creator
  • I think it is not a problem to do this.
    I'll look.
  • THX! Much better to have 15-20 sec less than corrupted files all over.
  • Ive fixed corrupted files with p2/avccam panny tools in the past. Also its touch and go, sometimes a recording will correctly stop when it reaches 4gig. I think by shortening to 3:58 the same thing will happen touch and go success.
  • Since FAT32 file size is 4GB and AVCHD is variable bitrate, is there a way to have the limit set based off of current written file size opposed to time base?
  • Bitrate and frame limits for 1080/720 spanning can be found in AQuamotion v2 patch. I guess no patch will span if theyre bigger than that. Maybe small increments but not much. But I reckon its roughly around a totalled 50M rate accumulated with all the settings you make - looking at buffers.
  • @driftwood are you hopeful that the 95mb/s Sandisk will usher in higher spanning bitrate?
  • @alcomposer Im still waiting for one to come in. Ive been waiting for nearly two months for two companies to send in eval cards. @NickBen has a 95Mb/s card and I think he was showing not a great deal of difference between sandisk 30Mb/s cards.
  • @driftwood darn! Lets hope @NickBen had a bad card! :-( Probably didn't...
  • @alcomposer The 95MB/s card is certainly faster in benchmarks and file transfers so far I've seen from other cards so far and compared to my Transcend SDXC card, but I guess the limiting factor is the GH2 and seeing how much we can put that extra throughput to use. The card has handled evrything I threw at it so far.

It spans on the Driftwood 220mbps patch the entire card (I have 8GB), so I get about 23 minutes continuous recording so far. The card show 2 files (one about 4.3GB and another about 3.1GB), and when you pull the first file into Premiere, it shows the entire length of 23 minutes.
  • @NickBen can you test the newest @driftwood Intra patches??
    Also I have (ashamedly) forgotten if 220mbps is intra or not.
    Would the 220mbps span on the Sandisk HD Video 30Mbps? Maybe breakthrough? Fingers and toes crossed!
  • Guys- I have created a thread to discuss the 95Mb/s Extreme Pro spanning reports. @Jspatz reported that he was able to achieve spanning on his with @driftwoods Seaquake settings and a 64gig.

There is also the possibility that different size cards have different speeds (as the GH2 is not UHS-1 the 'base' speed of the memory could be vary highly).

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1491/95mbs-sandisk-extreme-pro-spanning-reports