Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4r Time Recording in Europe
  • I just bought my second GH4 in the UK and am totally pissed to hear that Panasonic are now releasing a newer version soon which won't have the European time limits on filming presently set at 30 minutes. Is there any possibility of releasing a hack just to bypass this particular setting? Thanks in advance.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Hacks haven't appeared after the gh2, so not very likely... Buy the v-log update (when it comes out), it removes the time recording limit.

• @Manstok V-log, doesn't remove any limit at all. Time recording limit will be removed in GH4r physical camera only.

• Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification, glad I bought mine at personal-view with no recording limit!

• @colinire:

Well - You could also go for the Atomos Ninja 2 or Ninja Blade (which are both now lowered in price by 50%).
    That way you even get 10 Bit 4:2:2 of your HDMI port - The only downside (more or less): Only 1080P resolution.
    BUT: That way you could at least record over 30 Minutes (and you get VERY good image quality).
    And it´s also nice to have 10 Bit recording (if you plan to use the new V-LOG L feature / update).

Btw.: The more expensive Ninja Blade is coming with a nice screen (1280x720 - IPS).
    So you can also use it for focus pulling AND exposure control ...
    (Through the RGB Parade and Vectorscope - Quite rare features on the market!)
    Atomos is even offering LOG features (so you see the final picture already on the screen).
    I am sure, that also V-LOG L will be soon supported by the ATOMOS OS. ^^