Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
** FCP Update 2012 ** 10.0.3
  • 56 Replies sorted by
  • @5thwall

Seriously? I may leave the 8800GT in the computer and drive the displays off the 5770. (Hopefully OpenCL can run code on the 8800GT!

If the Macbook Pro is running better this could be because of the dual graphics cards?

• @alcomposer

I have the base 13" so single card. Just got Lion and FCP installed. It's running much better than the older system. And this one has the 8800GT in it. Haven't installed Kona drivers, yet. Turning off waveforms in the Library greatly helps lag time on both systems.

I feel like this is the first time I've been able to get to really work in X since it was announced because the 10.0.3 update doesn't crash on me like the first ones did.

Good luck with the 5770 and 8800 combo. I'm very curious to know how it works. I can't install another vid card in my system because of the Kona. Maybe I could swap the 8800 and 5770 between systems... hmmmmmmm....

• 5thwall

Im also upgrading my RAM to 12gig... so this will all help... Crazy to imagine that you can fit 64gig even in old Mac Pros.

I will let you know about how everything goes... I have read a few bad reports also regarding the 5770. This could also be due to the fact that the 8800 is dual precision while the 5770 isn't?

Im currently on fcp 10.0.1 (don't want to raid the bank just yet)... but it is very stable... (and SL). Can't wait to get .3 working!

One thing that interests me is Motion 5, coming from a heavy Quartz Programming background, I really like the integrated rendering engine.

But if only Apple didn't screw up the launch- there would have been very little issues. Well- at least they got Conan talking about it!

• FCPX 10.3 is working very well on my Hackintosh. I'm particularly happy with the first incarnation of multicam as it syncs on audio and doesnt rely on you having all the same in/out points as with fcp. Works quite well so fare. So long as you give it a lot of time to import the media and sort out the syncing.

• @driftwood Im a bit naughty with the media thing... I worked out on day one of using FCPX to drop the media into the Original Media folder within the Event Folder. Only downside is that you have to restart FCPX to get it to see the media.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions