Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GH4 glitches/issue
  • Hey guys,

I've been having these glitches(see pictures below). They started a few months ago, (I checked my older footage). But it's not just mine, three rental models had the exact same issue! Is this a known issue with this model? It ruined a quite some of my shoots.

Also, I send for repair and they put in a new 'mainboard'. But that hasn't solved the problem. I returned it again but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Any suggestions?

photo Fuckup1.png

photo Fuckup2.png

photo Fuckup3.png

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I had similar issues. It ended up being the computer I was using. I tested it on several computers , both Apple and PCs. But the one computer I had without a dedicated graphics card, a dual core, was the one with the artifacts.

It was mainly during scenes what the lot of information in them. Moving leaves, grass, lots of movement and high contrast.

Unfortunately, I thought it was the camera. I deleted a lot of the footage I had. Then I recovered some of the older footage and discovered that it was still usable just not on that machine.

• That's what I thought! But I already tested it on several system's(WIN&OSX) and used a variety of different SD cards(from simple class 10 to sdxc uhs-i u3 cards). All have the same problem :(

• Additionally, the footage from my G7(with the same settings) is just fine.

• i encountered this exact same issue. I checked the footage on the camera itself, and no glitches existed. Turns out the error occurred during the transfer from SD card to computer.