Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • Firmware v2.3 coming May 30 https://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-announces-new-firmware-update-for-the-g9-gh5-gh5s-cameras-will-be-released-on-may-30/

States improved autofocus and autofocus "fix" for 180 shutter - hopefully this means improvement overall and not just 180 is now as "good" as 179

• Found rather attractive used offer.

What is best to check in used GH5?

• Cheap battery grip

• FW Update is coming for GH5 & GH5s. Seems to incorporate C-AF fixes for video mode as well as some additional enhancements for video. Also some updates for photo features. But still unclear if GH5 will get higher frame rates and high res mode.

• GH5, Vlogl, Voigtlander 17.5 and 42.5mm

• Latest project for fun.

• Any way to mute the left Chanel of the GH5 during playback? (But still record the left and right channel as normal)

Not in post, but for playback in the moment on set.

• @peaceonearth That was absolutely fantastic. Imagery and editing were just incredible.

@rezyserzycia Love your unique style. The intro with the frenetic cuts was still not jarring with the use of the warp effects. Top notch.

• Image video for home builders. Unfortunately a small budget, not everything was able to be done, and deadlines.

Gh5, Phanton 4 PRO. Samyang lens and Nikkors, Metabones Speed Booster, Arri HMI Lights. Premier, Davinci, Nuke for a small cleanup.

Long version and tv spot

The second version of the color, brighter in contrast, more yellow, a little unreal color but I like it :)

• A video and music piece about the Titlis mountain in Switzerland ad the way to it's top.

• @valpopando

Please do not post sole links. Add meaning to this.

• This is a video I made about a hole Friday procession in a small Mediterranean island 4K 60p slowed at 40% on a 24p timeline Link from Facebook , i dunno how to let preview visible here https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=581811658845444&id=100010498454306

• Wandering with the GH5, trying to capture fleeting moments... this was shot in 4k 50fps with an Atomos Ninja Inferno:

• sa2318.jpg
    467 x 392 - 22K
  • GH5 slomo test at Milan Fashion Week. 150fps and 180fps

• My trip to Brasil. GH5 + 12-35mm :) Great adventure machine, good battery, dual I.S.

• Here's a couple of a lion dance videos from a competition I shot in November. Held in Massachusetts inside a Chinese restaurant.

Used the GH5 plus 12-35mm f/2.8 II lens. I do not have that lens anymore. Traded it in for the 12-60mm f/2.8 since I wanted a good lens that has a little bit more reach.

Shot it in 4K 60p. The video is directly off the card and so completely untouched and uploaded straight to YouTube. Not fun at all uploading big 4K 60p files.

ISO was set to 3,200. The Aperture was mostly at f/4 to f/4.5. Sometimes a little lower and sometimes a little higher. I was debating if I should choose an ISO of 1600 instead to get cleaner images but I would have had to use something like f/2.8 and I didn't want to see any focus hunting since I decided to shoot it in Auto focus mode. Yes, I was sort of testing the new firmware update with this event to see how the auto focus would handle. Who knows, maybe I should have chosen an ISO of 1600 but too late now.

Still have a lot more footage of this event to upload to my channel.

• hi hoping someone can ask some questions for me regarding the gh5, 10 bit vlog l and final cut pro 1. for 10 bit vlog l footage should i be using the rec709 or rec2020 colour space? 2. if my vlog-l luminance level is 0-1023 - then why in my luma scopes does my footage get clipped at 95? 3. is there a way to change how final cut pro reads the native 10 bit files from the gh5? - as in video or data levels?

all i want to know is really is final cut pro reading my 10 bit files correctly? -is final cut pro doing the right thing and clipping my footage at 95?..or should it be using the full range?..or am i talking rubbish? see attached screengrab of footage from vector scope - no footage goes above 95,,why is that?

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.50.18.png
    705 x 764 - 222K
  • Yes AF is so much quicker changing the shutter angle from 180d to 179d on my native GH5 lenses

Some AF explanations from the same author YodaYeo .

• Seems to work on native lenses too.