Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Kopin / Fourth Dimension Displays showcase 4000dpi micro display
  • This looks like a good candidate for future viewfinders - at 2048×1536 resolution still tiny enough to be built into a camera:

http://www.forthdd.com/company/press-releases/2015/02/forth-dimension-displays-launches-qxga-3dm-spatial-light-modulator

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Applications that will benefit from this increased performance include 3D inspection of System in Package (SiP) devices and Lattice Light Sheet Microscopy.

:-)

• It is not for camera EVFs for certain.

• According to a news article I just read, Kopin showcased the new display as sort of a camera viewfinder, this was said to be the piece exhibited at "Displayweek":

image.

Maybe the news coverage was misleading or referencing the wrong product, though.

• Forth Dimension Displays: World leader in designing and manufacturing high–resolution Microdisplays and Spatial Light Modulators for the industrial, healthcare and government markets.

I think it is not for normal consumer cameras.

All leading manufacturers now settled on OLED. I think next gen will go to FullHD resolution soon.