Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @disastronaut @balazer @jard667 @driftwood

i have uploading a raw video file...i have to transcode to mpeg 2 with a bitrate of 80000. but it looks the same like the mts file before with 146000 bitrate.

my settings in camera are : 24 cinema mode, 1080P24 H, m exposure, iso 160, shutter between 50-125, f-stop 1.7. The Lens for this video was the pana 20mm 1.7 pancake. i'm filmed in smooth mode -2-2-2-2. Quantum v2 patched.

I think it's looked not that crisp and much like video from a camcorder.

thx for all of your help. i'm really thankful for that ;)

https://rapidshare.com/files/2618889316/test.m2v

• @driftwood, I just loaded Q v7, will test tonight on shoot at 720p50. Is this AQ1 or AQ2 for 720p50? I note AQ1 on v6 has become AQ2 on this new v7 for 720p60 users. Curious if different for 720p50 users?

I note my 32GB San Disk HD Video 30MB/s card has gone from around 41minutes on v6 to 52 minutes record time with v7, so something has changed. All good, will report in due course with a sample. tia

• *** NEW *** Quantum v7 (this is v6 updated - don't bother wiith v6) Tuned buffers 70% of bitrate all round. Plus, 1080pL setting is slightly down on bitrate/buffer ratio - test for spanning please. 720p now on AQ2 for balance. Everything else virtualy the same. This patch looks great in real world preliminary tests. Use the L setting for 80% mode. Tested on Voigtander 0.95 manual lens.

Driftwood Quantum v7 BETA - seti (7th Jan 2012).zip
    849B
  • Here's a short video I made of my trip to the Devil's Punchbowl using Driftwood's SeAQuake patch and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95. Looking forward to upgrading to the Quantum v6 really soon. Thank you again for your research/testing driftwood!

• LOL! You're bound to get at least one in every forum.

• @cinemon There are so many factors that coud be going wrong it would take ages to sort out. Get used to the camera, try out a few other patches and see how you get on (maybe see what works for you). Don't use these Quantum BETA patches until its released. Theyre out for testing. I don't think youve got a bad batch camera.
    Can you try out AQuamotion v2 and report results? Thanks.
  • @cinemon, I see no problems with that footage that I would attribute to the camera or the patch settings. They are both doing exactly what they should be. Both shots are a bit underexposed for my tastes, but maybe that's what you were going for, which is fine if it is. The second shot is not in HD, so I can't tell much. The second shot is a little bit shaky. It would benefit from some stabilization. Also, it looks like the exposure was adjusted at several points during shooting.
  • @cinemon Iso, Mode, Shutter, Lens, project setting, export setting?
    Problems before patch?
  • @cinemon Can you upload/make available one of the original .mts files in question?
  • @Butt
    was this sarkasm or could you Tell me whats wrong with my Videos?

im very unhappy with the results of Quantum v2 :(
  • @cinemon
    you probably have a damaged gh2 - sure
  • @jweeke I used the Mac OS X disk utility. But it worked only for a non moving low detailed nightshot, today in daylight it didn't span again.
  • Yes, i know ;)
    but i would know if these two Samples are normal in quality with Quantum 2? i'm worry about i have a damaged gh2.... i have a 5dm2 too and i can't judge the differenz Which the hacked gh2 must be a Lot better...
    sry for my Pope english ;)
  • Also of course it has A LOT to do with composition, lighting, set, scenery, wardrobe and color correction. Expect no magic there without effort. ;)
  • this are two videos that i captured...is there everything normal? i have seen so much driftwood hacked videos whos look like film...but mine looked like a cheap camcorder...

• L not spanning on 30MB/s Sandisk 32gb, even after a low level format.

Image looks good, though!
  • @jard667

Hi. Should "Constant preview" mode be identical to "recording"-mode? I can't see any difference w/o "constant preview" in non-rec.state. it is always in "live mode" a guess. Could this because hacked firmware?
  • @tobnyot

What utility do you use for formatting?
  • @cinemon
    1/ normal
    2/ viewfinder is better for me, much easier to focus
    3/
    Try to find "Constant Preview" in menu, check if is it On
    Try to use M mode
  • Hey,
    i'm a New User of the gh2. I have two questions :

When i Set the Iso in 24 Cinema Mode to Maybe 640, the Camera says me during the Record "autoiso" is this normal?

And my Second question is about Correct exposure, should i Film through the searcher or with the LCD? and how can i judge the right exposure? in my Tests the LCD picture was fine but the final file was very underexposed!

Thx for your help ;)
  • Terraquoke works fine, no problems ad all
    panning the cam fast from left to right, and zoom in/out
    Lot off motion...
    720p 50fps = 33mb
    1080 24p H setting gives 44mb
    1080 24p L setting gives 33mb

Oké thx, i have a start now from where i can go further....
  • Just used AQUAMOTION' ver 2.
    24p with setting to H was oke, no problems.
    but 720p 50fps did give a screen with, card to slow.
    i have the Scandisk extreme pro uhs-1, 8 gb 45mb card.
    The file was just 0bites in windows.
    i was trying to rescue the file with RescuePRO Deluxe demo http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/
    But no results :-(

to bad, still have the Sandisk Extreme HD Video 32 GB 30mb in order.
    and will try it then again....
  • @driftwood

I'll be testing Quantum 6 over the next two days. I can already report that the 24L does not span on a Sandisk Extreme "HD Video" 30 MBs card.

Question: Is it possible that the 24H setting will span on a Sandisk 64GB SDXC "95 MBs" card?

I'll say it many more times -- thank you.
  • Thanks all for your advice.
  • The Sandisk cards are 200 EURO in Europe. No way I am paying that for it. I can buy 7 Transcend Class 10 32GB cards for the price of one new Sandisk card. Prices will come down for sure, I think 120 EURO is about right for what you get (64GB, high speed, spanning). As mentioned by others: I also think 100M is perfect for interviews and documentary work and B-roll can easily be shot in H mode.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions