Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ultra HD Blu-Ray specs finilized
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • In January the companies filed a lawsuit at a federal court in New York against the maker of the devices, technology company LegendSky, accusing it of violating the DMCA’s anti-circumvention provisions.

The HDFury devices in question allow users to strip the latest HDCP encryption. This hardware sits between an HDCP-compliant source and a secondary device, allowing it to pass on a “stripped” 4K signal.

This week the Chinese company responded to the allegations, asking the court to dismiss the lawsuit on the basis that DCP’s claims are ungrounded.

Among other things, the company argues that Warner Bros. and Intel will not be able to prove direct or contributory copyright infringement. Instead, they accuse DCP of copyright abuse to keep its monopoly intact.

Something tells me that they have backing on top level.

• The HDFury Integral works great for me.

I have a Roku4 (UHD signal requires HDCP 2.2) and Panasonic AX800 (HDMI4 port is HDCP 2.2), however my A/V unit was not HDCP 2.2 compliant. I could use a direct connection between the Roku4 and the AX800, however the ARC audio from the AX800 (HDMI2 port back to the A/V) was stereo only when bridging HDMI inputs (from HDMI4 UHD to HDMI2) and the optical port on the Roku4 only carries signal up to Dolby Digital, not Dolby Digital+ (which is used for a lot of streaming movies)

So my choice was either listen to stereo or upgrade my A/V unit. I liked my A/V unit, so I saved a boatload of money by getting the HDFury Integral. It works perfectly.

As for the lawsuit, it's my understanding that the HDFury Integral works by converting the HDCP 2.2 scheme to HDCP 1.4 scheme. So the signal is not completely stripped of HDCP and they believe this is legally permitted. They have a lot of information on their site if anyone is interested.

• As for the lawsuit, it's my understanding that the HDFury Integral works by converting the HDCP 2.2 scheme to HDCP 1.4 scheme. So the signal is not completely stripped of HDCP and they believe this is legally permitted.

It makes no difference as HDMI 1.4 is fully broken.

• It might make no difference in real world, but might make a difference in the lawsuit.