Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
OSEE Direct monitor
  • In looking for a monitor for Video Village use for directs to watch, and for myself to use on color correction work I stumbled across www.oseedirect.com and their LCM156 monitor. I saw their video on YouTube

and was very impressed by the features this monitor offers. 178 x 178 degree viewing angle, waveform, vectorscope, 16 channels of audio metering, loop through HDSDI, HDMI in, and factory calibrated are just a few of the features this monitor offers. Most monitors that are 15.6" and offers these features run at the very least - $2,000, but no these guys are selling it for $649.00

Needless to say I put in the order and I got the monitor within a week. I was absolutely happy with the purchase. It's so much more than I expected, and my friend who has a Flanders is asking where to buy this monitor.

The only downside is that I need to get a custom box to mount it to my C-Stand, however I emailed OSEEDirect and they said they're going to be offering one soon - that they're developing - that will mount to C-Stands, come with a Hoodman, and a pelican style case. Needless to say I'm one happy customer and was also very excited to hear they're offering the same monitor in 10" and 23" later in the year. I can see myself buying the 10" (They estimated the price to be under $500!!!)

I wanted to share my experience and hopefully help this small company gain some traction. They have gained a lifetime customer with me.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Needless to say I'm one happy customer and was also very excited to hear they're offering the same monitor in 10" and 23" later in the year. I can see myself buying the 10" (They estimated the price to be under $500!!!)

Anybody heard anything more about a 10" one coming?

• Here is a walkthrough on the LCM156 I promised. Sorry it took so long to put up, I've had a lot of projects lately. Filmed with with Elson Ros - who has been using the Monitor with me. http://elsonrosvisuals.com

• OSEE put it on their YouTube, They have been a big help sending me a Demo Unit to use until the monitor I purchased arrived, which it did yesterday and I'm very happy with it. The video was filmed with one of their Demo Units, but the real one is just as good if not better.

It has Waveform, Vectorscope, Picture by Picture and Picture in Picture, Audio Metering, SDI in and Out for two channels, HDMI In, In Monitor Display with Tally, and a lot of other stuff I haven't played with yet. I'm happy with my purchase, and glad I got it while they had it on sale.

• Arnarfjodur you can Add a 3D LUT to the monitor but they gave me a program and I have to convert my .cube files to .bin files. I haven't tried it yet, because I can add LUTs in my Monitor that is passing the signal to the Video Village for the Directors on set. I think they say with a compatible box, because an AJA LUT box is just easier to use than their program, maybe?

• From the website: "... effortlessly adding a 3D LUT with a compatible LUT box"

I'm confused. Does it have 3D LUTs, have you tested this? Can you customize this or does it require some sort of addittional box to do that?

• Wow - sounds like a steal.

• Wow, very affordable, especially with a case. I'm emailing them for dates on that package.