Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Rode Reporter + H4N or H6 or ... a good combination?
  • I think the Rode Reporter suits my use case (interviews, interviews at exhibitions, outdoor interviews) well since it's omniidirectional and I do not need to remember the microphone position.

Would Rode Reporter + H4N or H6 be a good combination?

Would the H4N suffice or would I get significantly better sound using the H6?

Would it be a professional audio quality or for what one has to go to reach ideal sound?

Or should I got for another portable audio recorder?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • What do you mean by "...omnidirectional and I don't need to remember the microphone position."?

• but I would recommend a lav mic for longer interviews, especially when working in outdoor or reverberating spaces.

In many cases you can't use lav, just due to time and nature of the shot.

Nothing wrong with Rode Reported, any good dynamic mike will do also.

• Any of these recorders is good for the job (I use and love the Tascam DR-40), but I would recommend a lav mic for longer interviews, especially when working in outdoor or reverberating spaces.

• Since the Reporter is a dynamic mic I would definitely recommend the H5/H6 over the H4n because they have lower self-noise at high gain settings. The user interface is also much more straightforward.

Fran

• TASCAM AND ROLAND are options !!!