Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Smart Rendering GH4 4K on Windows?
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • I have now tried and can rule out Corel VideoStudio Pro X7. It only smart renders "UltraUD" video that it itself has already rendered, and it's limited to 65Mbps.

ScubaBob, I'll contact Framering and see what they say.

Thanks fatpig. I am shooting 4k MP4 on the GH4. It seems to be more challenging to trim and split than 2k AVCHD. But I bet something out there can do it, even if it limits one to splitting on iFrames.

• I only own the GH2, which produces MTS. You can just look for any MTS file splitter on videohelp.com or google. You should find equivalent stuff on there. You can also try trimming and remuxing with ffmpeg. Should be no problem.

• May be worth sending Smart Cutter (Fame Ring) an email. I did for the GH2. They had me ftp them a sample file, and the within a couple days they had a fix. Great company.

• Smart Cutter crashes when I hit "start transcoding" (My computer is i7 5960X, 32GB RAM etc.).

• I can rule out Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 13. Its "svrt engine" makes a brave attempt but has glitches such as throwing a duplicate frame in the middle of your render, putting everything out of sync by a frame for a while before righting itself. No EDL import or any other means of project conversion either, so you'd have to edit it in it.

I'll look into SmartCutter and Corel. Nothing wrong with 800Mb. Just averse to installing more and more junk on the computer.

• I also notice that Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 features "4k smart rendering" and there is a fully-functional trial version but it's 800MB.

What is wrong with 800Mb?

• KineMix does it on Android (MP4 wrapper only). Haven't searched for a Windows product, but would definitely be interested as well. I used to use SmartCutter for GH2 - which worked great (after I submitted one issue that resulted in GH2 specific fix).