Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 Firmware News
  • Post any news about upcomimg rumors or releases of gh4 firmware. Im personally really excited about the V-Log color profile that may come soon or the confirmed 4k hdmi output that's confirmed.

• 69 Replies sorted by
  • @Vesku

You use wrong topic :-)

we had two

"Don't cry for me Argentina" topics, but no one except you asking for 3rd :-)

• Me neither. I would just sell it whilst secondhand prices remain high.

• @Vesku I don't have any issues with the things you mention and nobody I know who owns a GH4 has any issues either. I suggest you talk to Panasonic direct about them selling you a camera that does not meet your expectations.

• Any idea why Panasonic wont fix the basic exposure and handling issues with FW like not showing exposure values or crippled AE/AF lock button or limited FN-options.

• @thougthts2uk

Note that in above discussions are the reasons they haven't released V-log yet. They will ... just internal arguments between divisions, and will possibly be seen by the company as an accessory or extended capability to purchase.

• Still super disappointed they didn't release V-Log. This would be great to compete with Canon's C-Log and Sony's S-Log. Why show us V-Log if they aren't going to release it. Talk about killing our expectations.

• @tedbrah

We have discussion in other topic.

• 3:43 - "4/3rds means 4 by 3 so it would only make sense that we would probably start to venture into this phase."

Holy shit, does this guy have any clue what he's talking about?

Also, @tedbrah, a little late to the party, eh?

• Panasonic announcing anamorphic aspect ratio along with V-Log L Gamma!

• Not every single feature in every single camera @bmorgan83 just a non cropped 4k, and maybe a soft serve ice cream machine, and yeah, legs, you read my mind.

• I want the 14 bar espresso profile, I'm tired of the 12 bar which is really 10.5 bar pressure mode. My espressos don't have the full flavour I'm used to from such a tiny camera.

• @bmorgan83 Flat White Profile?

• Less is not more. I want more.

• picky aren't you?

• @mrbill - only if it can do micro-foam.

• @bmorgan83 - I want a milk frother

• @segatronmedia Real upgrades? Like what? Growing legs and shooting photo/video for you?

Honestly, it's already a fantastically great camera... any further upgrades would just add to it's greatness... I don't get this whole "we need every single feature packed into every single camera" mentality...

• Someone is going to hack this thing if panny doesnt want to make real upgrades

• @Zaven13 You have the wrong file. It's for the YAGH accessory. You need: GH4__V21.bin

• Do you have a vague idea what the release date is then?

I do. But I'm not saying.

Illya Friedman Hot Rod Cameras

This from a thread on v-log and when it might be coming. Illya from HotRod being annoyingly coy, if I may say so...

• I downloaded the GH4 firmware 2.1 zip file. Unzipped it and copied the .ebn and .bin files to the root directory of the SD card. Inserted the SD card in the camera, turned it on and pressed the play button. It did not recognize the firmware files and the message on the display was "no pictures to play". Has anyone had the same issue during the upgrade? I have upgraded both GH4 and GH2 many times before and never had this problem. The .bin file is named AH4_V21 vs. the previous version that was named GH4_V20.

• Reasonable guess: V-Log, aspect ratio crop lines

Far fetched guess: V-Raw. It was listed as a raw format supported by Atomos Shogun, and Yoshiyuki Inoue of Panasonic said engineers had been looking into it and they could potentially put it in a future firmware update in his interview with Reid.

On one hand, Panasonic need to take drastic action if they want to hold on to the GH4's perception as an advanced video camera in the marketplace. This would be a very smart way to do so. And Inoue being so open to the concept and acknowledging thr possibility is very unusual for a corporate interview where these kind of enquiries are usually met with a brick wall response.

On the other hand, it would be unusually progressive for a Japanese electronics company, and they could easily save this feature for the GH5.

Whatever the case, I'm hoping they're getting aggressive.

• They should add some good shit to GH4 if not a lot of users may switch to A7S or NX1 and then they are not coming back to m43 even if next Panasonic model adds some good features.