Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus ED-lenses on GH2
  • Hi, I got the GH2 and today I found some Olympus gear at home. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the gear (quality/useability) and if an adapter would make them work fine on the GH2? I guess it's a Olympus E-1 package we got some time ago:

Olympus Zuiko Digital:
    14-54mm 2.8-3.5
    50mm 2.0 Macro ED
    50-200mm 2.8-3.5 ED

I already have:
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    Nikkor 18-70 3.5-5.6
    Panasonic 14-140 3.5-5.6

Not a big fan of zooms I have found out tho.

Hope anyone could give some advice!
    Thanks
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • That 50mm f2 is supposedly a razor sharp lens! Definitely a keeper.
    Oly makes an official adapter that allows full electronic control, including AF, on micro 4/3 bodies. Never used one so I can't vouch for how well it works.
  • I've heard that the 14-54mm 2.8-3.5 is supposed to be a great zoom lens, would definetly consider keeping it even though you own the 14-140 since it faster. I would try to find out how well those adapters Hishimaru mentioned works before making any decitions :)
  • Thanks. I have looked into some of the adapters @hishimaru mentioned and I read that most people used the Olympus MMF-2 or the Panasonic MA1-adapters from 4/3 to m4/3 and should make all electronics work on a m4/3 body. I bought the MMF-2-adapter and should arrive soon. Hopefully all the electronics will work as they should.

Have tried the 50mm on the E-1-body, and it is super-sharp and I like the macro. The 50-200mm (100-400mm) has its uses I guess, but haven't tried it out so far.

Probably gonna see if I can sell my 14-140 and the 18-70 Nikkor since I very rarely use them anyways. Anyone know what I can expect to sell them for? If its even worth it.

Thanks!
  • Check Ebay for past sales and you'll get a pretty good overview.
  • @simensito

I am very interested in seeing what that 50mm f2 micro looks like on a hacked GH2. I have a feeling that it might be the best 50mm out there.

If you have time to do a test that would rock, all I can find are horrible looking youtube vids.