Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mix bag du CINÉMA
  • Hi there PVs, master @Vitalic
    Thought of a dumpy and smokey room for sharing essays, articles, quotes, stills, personal notes, anecdotes, semi-conscient reflexions and all else relating the filmaking craft/art =)

Referred in the video above

BLOW UP super duper channel, even if you don't speak french =)

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Now that a new instalment of the SW saga is coming, "old" material, references and techniques start to surface again; nevertheless I found this to be a truly interesting kind of homage to the guys with the brushes =)

Source article The matte paintings of the original Star Wars trilogy and their creators

From (for) the fans

•  

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ - I

Found this one loaded with extremely useful advices, specially production wise =)

•  

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ - II

• A look on previz - storyboarding. And folow up

Samurai Films Responsible for Star Wars?!? -- or films are global conversations idea

A bit more on Kurosawa

Finally a more "contemplative" exploration of composition.
    Just going through Most Wanted Man's scenes stills and checking them against a grid =)

•  

Mr. Keaton!!

indeed!!

• Keaton is the Master! He sure could run fast. And Indiana Jones only had one rock rolling behind him!

• ... and only 1 woman, pfffff, pussy!!!

• I don't quite agree with all of Beyl's aesthetic, cultural and philosophical assertions (despite the compelling visuals and whatnot 4 me zodiac, TSN and gone girl, as more mature poopoozas), but he surely did a super detailed/accurate research and glued all the pieces masterfully =)

FINCHER

By filmmaker Cameron Beyl

Source: The DIrectors Series