Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh2 Hack issues
  • I need a solid hack. I hacked my gh2 with the Moon T7 and when I shot this weekend, it cut out mid recording at about 6 minutes. It kept doing this on one of my GH2. Then when I went to import, the files weren't showing up in Final Cut. They were found on m y memory card as .MTS files, so I had to convert them... But anyway, which hack can you recommend that will be solid but still awesome quality? Thanks! Is moon T8 more reliable than t7? I can't have one that is cutting mid recording and also not playing back after record!

I am using a 32 gb sandisk extreme pro 90mpbs

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • You want to look for a hack that supports SPANNING = continuing your recorded video in a second file when your first one is 4GB. I am not 100% positive that the GH2 really spans without dropping 1 or 2 frames though.

• @fatpig maybe it depends on the setting... I can confirm that Cake v2.3 records in 24p without dropped frames by spanning. @gregbankley that setting also playbacks in the camera and spanning works reliably.

• Try one of the GOLGOP3 patches. They span reliably and look great. They are from @bkmcwd