Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BeStableCam and the SteadyGim15
  • I was originally looking at the Nebula lite but decided to try this unit

http://www.bestablecam.com/brushless-gimbals/steadygim15-3-axis-brushless-gimbal-rig-with-the-stand-built-right-into-the-handlebars.html

for the price, how could I go wrong....

let me count the ways, what a disaster

The 1st unit turned up pretty quickly but far from being "assembled & ready to go" is was in kit form with no instruction of any kind! BeStableCam agreed that they had sent the wrong unit and so I packed up the original and sent it back. communication stopped and I sent a number of emails asking for a tracking code for the new unit (I supplied them with the code for the package I returned).

As soon as I put in a paypal dispute things improved, got a tracking code and the unit finally arrived. "ready balanced for the GH4" I din't think so. Again there were no instructions but since the wiring was mostly done I decided to sort it out.

The gimbal parts look to be reasonable quality and I like the handles adapting to become a stand but that's about the best of it. The allen key screws are made of a cheap metal and some were already burred & would not turn so there's no tightening or loosening them. I've spent hours trying to balance the unit and just about given up - I'm contemplating drilling & replacing all the screws with better quality ones.

There was not much help forthcoming from BeStableCam, they wouldn't supply information on the board or PID software and when I finally said I would recommend that people avoid the unit, there reply was:

ok, go for it.Don’t care

I would avoid BeStableCam like the plague but I'm sure there will be others, the gimbal market is crazy and until it settles down and we get some good real world usage out of the various models, there is always going to be some risk involved - be prepared

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry to hear of your troubles. Thanks for the heads up.

• I would avoid BeStableCam like the plague but I'm sure there will be others, the gimbal market is crazy and until it settles down and we get some good real world usage out of the various models, there is always going to be some risk involved - be prepared

Well, someone warned you :-)

• yea true - but it was a bargain!!, well it seemed like one......