Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Focus problem with my Panasonic 14-140 lens & Panasonic GH2
  • I have been using my GH2 exclusively for video 2 yrs. Normally when I begin to shoot I move in as close as I can get with the lens zoomed as far as it will go, focus, and then zoom the lens as wide as it will go and then begin shooting. I never have to focus again. I can walk in or out and focus remains sharp, just as you would get from a cine lens. Something happened yesterday while filming, and I don't know what. After setting my focus if I move the focus is blurry, unless I maintain the exact distance at which it was focused. I have been through the menu and the manual, I can not figure out what has happened. LENS: normally set OIS - OFF. I tried ON, same result. CAMERA: FOCUS MODE set at AFS, but no difference if set at AFC. AUTO FOCUS MODE DIAL set at 1 area. Makes no difference where set anyhow. It seems to me this is purely a mechanical issue, either the lens is working properly or not, should not have anything to do with the camera settings. Any ideas???

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • sure you didnt just always have a very closed iris and this time its wide open? i.e. smaller focal range? just a shot in the dark here.

• No, I nearly always shoot indoors with f/4 to 5. I have messed with it ALL day, I suspect the lens.