Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Filming a Wedding with the BlackMagic!
  • I'm a firm believer that the best practice is to get out there and film, and not just of static plant life (unless you're contracted by National Geographic). I recently acquired the BlackMagic Camera (not the pocket), and I wanted to film a wedding with it. The camera, rig, and battery pack were a combined 35 lbs, so while filming the wedding it felt as if I were working out the whole time. Although I'm sure that the weight issue might of had something to do with me not balancing the rig correctly, I still came out with a wedding that I was proud of. While I don't suggest filming a wedding with the BlackMagic Camera, the flat profile and dynamic range really helped out in a pinch. All in all, I'll need to start some weight lifting if I'm to shoot more weddings with it but I think I prefer the dynamic range it gives me over the resolution of my GH2. Check out my wedding and enjoy!