Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 firmware update 2.0 talk
  • GH4 FIRMWARE UPGRADE!!! VER 2.0 http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upggh4_e.htm

1. [4K PHOTO] mode is added which records 4K video exclusively for capturing a frame to save as a photo. •Settings can be adjusted as below when entering this mode. Rec Format : MP4 Rec Quality : 4K/30p/100Mbps (System Frequency 59.94Hz) 4K/25p/100Mbps (System Frequency 50.00Hz) Luminance Level:0-255
      1. In addition to 16:9 aspect, 4:3/3:2/1:1 can be selected.
      2. Exif information is embedded to the captured image from the 4K video.
      3. Marking function is available enables marker setting on the designated point while recording video and users can jump to the markers when playing back the video to capture the frame they want.
      4. Loop Recording function is added, with which the camera keeps on recording video while deleting the old footage automatically.
    2. 4K/23.98p/100Mbps mode is added in MP4 video recording.
    3. The upper limit of the ISO sensitivity can be set in the menu of ISO sensitivity setting and emission amount of flash light can be adjusted in the menu of exposure compensation.
    4. Focusing performance of 1-area AF in video recording is improved.
    5. Tracking performance of tracking AF when used with the interchangeable lens H-FS14140 is improved.
    6. Remote shooting via USB tethering is available by using PC software “USB Tether” supplied by Promote Systems.

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/support/en/dsc/fts/win/GH4_V20_ENG.pdf

• 109 Replies sorted by
  • rebooted.. works fine now.

• WB works fine for me too.

• I cant set custom wb in movie mode either

• @shian ok, finally solved the FW update issue. Turns out I've got an AG-GH4 instead of the regular consumer DMC-GH4, and had to get the FW from panas pro website...

• I haven't. Everything seems just fine.

• Did anyone lose the ability to set custom WB in movie mode with the FW upgrade?

• I just tested out the 2.0 firmware in 4K photo mode in 4:3 aspect with my anamorphic lens adapter. And for some reason when I play back the video there seems to be like a weird wave of lines that comes from the bottom to the top. But when I switch back to movie mode, i dont get that weird effect. Any one know what that could be?

• and all of us who vainly hoped for a V-Log surprise...

• Make sure: 1. you unzipped the firmware file. 2. you put it in a root folder of sdxc card (it should be seen next to dcim folder). 3. you have a fully charged Panasonic brand battery.

• Trying to update to 2.1 no valid picture to play

• I've used every god dams card and it always works from GH2, G6, GF3 to Gh4.

• @shian I've tried a Sony 64GB XDSC card, a Trancend 32GB SDHC card (that I could update my GH2 with, as far as I remember) and a Sandisk 16GB microSDHC in an SD-card adapter, and none of them worked :(

I've contacted Pana support and they don't seem to know what the problem is either. We'll see what happens.

• @gamer_s try a different card. GH2 has this problem as well, only my cheap 16GB cards work for updates, the nicer ones don't.

• Supposed to be this month some time, although the official release only mentioned the HDMI features.

• I remember there were stories that said Panasonic will release some new update with log profile etc...and now, where is it?

• Wow, this is really freakin annoying. Battery 100%. Formatted SD card. Extracted FW file in SD root folder and still no-go. Starting to think this might be a 1.1->2.0 problem. Anyone know where I could get my hands on FW 1.2 to do a intermediate update?

• I seem to be having similar trouble to @samotmanam with the firmware update. Camera does not recognise the firmware file for some reason. I only get the "no valid picture to play" message. Any suggestions? Currently on ver 1.1.

• Question regarding the 4K Photo Mode included with the GH4 2.0 firmware: Is there a way to save pictures on the GH4 while watching the movie on an external monitor? When I watched the 4K Photo movie, the control used for extracting the picture (center "menu/set" button) turned into a "pause/play" button. I didn't see an option to extract a frame while hooked up to an external monitor.

• Im going to use the 4k photo mode on a job soon. is it best to dial in a shutter speed or set the camera to p mode and let cam figure it out? im thinking of setting the shutter manually at 125. Im gonna set it up on my broll cam for a cut away shot of a ceremony but i wont need the video from it unless my main cam breaks lol so im trying to figure out how to set it. Any opinions appreciated. The lighting will be fine just trying to figure out shutter for photo mode. Thanks in advance

• @caveport I think he means in 4K Photo mode, which it is not yet. @dallas Yes, loop rec is a separate option that can be toggled independantly of 4K Photo mode.

I would really love to see a full sensor readout recording. That would be simply amazing. I don't know if the hardware is fast enough to support it. But a full sensor readout at 24p would be incredible.

• 24fps is in the current software.

• I'm really hoping they enable 24fps in the next firmware.

• can loop rec be turned off in 4k photo mode or does it have to function this way?

• I installed the new firmware v2.0 because I am interested in taking stills from my Video footage. What I got on my external monitor was: the words "Photo Mode" on the screen. So I reverted to the old 4k recording because I rely on my MustHD 7" monitor for focus, exposure, and color adjustments while filming. I hope the firmware 2.1 addresses all the HDMI deficiencies