Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure m43 Canon EF adapter with aperture adjust

Thanks Igor for photos from Photokina.

ats7.jpg
    800 x 520 - 61K
    ats6.jpg
    800 x 615 - 68K
    ats4.jpg
    800 x 710 - 61K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev:

I meant if you want to mount the body on the tripod (directly) or on a rig.
    (As you can see it´s already problematic with the Pocket - And also with a GH4 for sure.)
    On the other hand it´s not the best idea to mount everything just on the adapter.
    (Especially with bigger lenses and on rigs for example.)
    At least that´s my point of view - Just wanted to point that (possible con) out ^^.

Sure there is the battery and the electronics in the block below the adapter.
    But why not make it as an external part - For example with a 1/4" hole or flash shoe adapter.
    (Which you can mount everywhere, where it´s not in the way of anything - With EVERY body.)
    And you could still add an additional external remote for example (wired or wireless).
    (Or mount the external part where you can control and see everything without an additional remote ^^.)

Though as said: Already a nice concept. =)

@igorek7:

Well - The Redrock LiveLens adapter is at least extending sideways (the control unit).
    And you can use your main battery as a power source (if you´re using such an solution).
    (So you don´t even need the special designed external 9V battery case.)
    Sure - A remote is missing - Would be quite nice yes.

In general I still hope for a redesign of the Aputure.
    (And I hope for a better price than the LiveLens Adapter. ^^)

• @Tscheckoff In comparison with the Redrock Micro LiveLens MFT, http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1009/redrock-livelens-mft-adapter-for-canon-lenses the Aputure adapter appeared to me more compact and its remote wireless control makes it even more useful. Nonetheless, as I understood, the displayed adapter is the pre-production version, even though was fully functional.

• Actually you cannot even mount it as needed on a tripod -.- (to balance out everything for example). Nor you can use it on a rig or anywhere else.

I have one question. Where you got such idea? It is just made so adapter comes with tripod mount, and plus in it you have electronics and battery.

Otherwise if you check photos - aperture is adjusted by special wireless handle on rig.

• Nice concept - But misdesign / way too bulky.
    Make it WITHOUT that stupid block below the adapter and it´s at least usable.
    Actually you cannot even mount it as needed on a tripod -.- (to balance out everything for example).
    Nor you can use it on a rig or anywhere else. I hope this is just a design concept ...

• Very cool.