Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4: No Extended ISO Steps in Video Mode?
  • On the GH4, in video mode, you are very limited in the range of ISO steps: 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400. With the GH3 you could use extended ISO steps in video mode; however, with the GH4 extended ISO is not available in video mode only in other modes such as manual stills. Is anyone else disappointed by this? It feels like a step backward from the GH3 & very awkward having to jump to ISO 800 when I know I could make do with a lower ISO. The new Fenchel & Janisch review of this camera points this out as well.

Curious on everyone's thoughts.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Yes, it's strange, the lumix Fz1000 (almost two times cheaper) has extented iso and a better bitrate in 4k mode. I hope panasonic will fix that with the new firmware ...

• @Yaz72, is there anyway to submit user feedback to panasonic? I hope they are aware for this issue, as it is a pretty common complaint.

• is there anyway to submit user feedback to panasonic? I hope they are aware for this issue, as it is a pretty common complaint.

I told you that to do. Panasonic reads all big topics.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, Yes I have already done so, thanks.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions