Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic LX100 camera topic
  • 566 Replies sorted by
  • The Panasonic preview video states that Depth From Defocus is limited to the still image mode - but DFD would be most relevant for videos, to achieve some decent continous autofocus!

Does the GH4 suffer from the same limitation?

• Specs look good. 25P 4K @ 100Mbits is what I need. Then down-sample for good 1080p footage. The lens becomes 26-81mm equiv. in 16:9 recording. That's wide enough. Hopefully the rolling shutter is about the same as GH4, which is not great but doable. I also hope low light is about the same. Yes, 15mins could be a problem. I usually film short clips, with a max of a few minutes. But I do this in a continuous flow, so hopefully it won't overheat when I'm filming an hour of footage.

• 4k limited to 15 mins. The 30 mins limit for 1080p could be the EU limit (the Panasonic USA site still don't have the LX100).

No touchscreen, too.

• is this camera a gopro 3 drone killer?

• @matthere Nice. 24p and 25p. Next on my buying list then. I must first sell a few things. Yes, that tripod mount sucks. And they always forget to design the bottom of the camera. For the rest it's a very nice thing. Hopefully, the sensor does have Supersonic Wave Filter, because I don't think it will be completely sealed off. If the low light video performance is the same as GM1, it will be something.

• Adorama had more detailed specs than B&H. I'm sure the limitation is due to the heat issue.

• Looks like 4K bit rate is the same as the GH4 :) Although HD rate looks lower..

lx100.jpg
    685 x 423 - 182K
  • More specs to d universe / sold to the dark force

• EVF - 0.7x (35mm equiv.) magnification / near AdobeRGB / eye-detection
    • AF - 49 area DFD Contrast AF
    • Metering - 1,728 zones
    • UHD - 100 mb/sec
    • Manual Focus Assist / Focus peaking
    • 4K photo priority mode (30fps)
    • 22 filters

Opt Stab indicates Power OIs; Regarding EVF

This is a beauty of a finder, and quite similar to that in the Panasonic GX7. It sports a high-definition 1,280 x 720 pixel array, and uses a field-sequential design. In plain English, that means every single pixel provides all three colors -- but only one color at any given time. By cycling through the colors repeatedly, your eye gets the impression of a sharp, full-color image. Lining the right side of the viewfinder is a proximity sensor used to enable or disable the viewfinder and LCD automatically as you raise the camera to your eye, or vice versa.

Source: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-lx100/panasonic-lx100A.HTM

300 shots battery :( and shitty tripod mount though

@fosterchen {Vitaliy mode on} simple, buy 2 and start 1 when the other stops {Vitaliy mode off}

• In the B&H preview video, they mention that you have full control in video.

@fosterchen, where did you got this info?

• beautiful...but no 120p ?

• 4K recording is limited to 15 minutes, and AVCHD is 30 minutes!

• The lx line has very good manual video control, I would expect this to continue with the lx100. I do hope Panasonic give this a decent bit rate!

• Does this little LX100 creature has manual video control?

• the dream came true. only bad things are: 4K 26mm widest, no 5axis for fullhd, no mic port, no slow motion no timelapse

• There is a couple of 4K shots within the B&H first look video..

• Searching for it too. In the DPReview's specs they mention Power OIS, but since there is nothing about in in the lens, I'm in doubt.

• I do not see a critical spec - what is the stabilization in 4K mode? Power OIS? 5-axis?

• If only you could get that lens separately!

Now does anyone know the bitrate at 4K? What kind of crop does 4K have?

• If they release a lens like this for m4/3 mount I would happily pay even more.

• @matthere

Now imagine this lens to be released for m43 cameras with $299 retail.

• Looks like an interesting alternative to the 12-35 lens which I'd been considering.. I really like my old lx5, for a take anywhere camera.. This is obviously a bit bigger but I might have to make room for one! :)

• Anyword on it doing ETC?

• Is this a compact or a HDSLR ?

It is mirrorless camera with fixed lens :-)

• Is this a compact or a HDSLR ?