Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Patches work fine until I use native (electronic) lenses
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @Yashica

Glad to hear that you were able to record for 30 minutes in 720p. However the thing you need to keep in mind is there are a bunch of variables that are involved. Details in scene, exposure etc etc etc. This is why I test with the death chart, high ISO, overexposed, Panasonic lens, faster shutter speed etc. I want to make sure that the camera is rock solid for what I will record. I have had 2 cameras fail on me in the middle of a shoot, so I don't use any patches that cannot pass the death screen for 1/2hr in any mode.

My sentiments are pretty much the same as the thread below.

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9181/two-years-worth-of-hacked-panasonic-gh2-shooting-my-conclusions.../p1

If you are happy with the way the patch performs that is all that really matters. I have my own set of guidelines that need to be met in order for me to use a patch on a camera. I use a modified version of Flowmotion V2.02 that is rock solid and I am very happy with the results.

Best Regards :-)

• @Yashica Nice looking video.

• @Azo I'm looking into the death chart testing. Normally I do grass or a pan slow pan through wind blown trees. With the "death chart", is it advised to test it on monitor or to actually print it out? This is what I have: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/50/c630e3c2da1274819090a24c517047.png

@matt_gh2 Thanks. Not too bad for my first time lapse. Got a long ways to go!

• @Yashica

Here you go buddy... Download the file then loop the file with your player. Buy the way you can thank @Towi for creating this and @bkmcwd for uploading and sharing this with the rest of us. IMO this should be part of the workflow for testing patches especially for people such as myself who want reliable patches. Good Luck :-)

• Thats great! Thank you. @Azo