Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DJI S900 Hexacopter Announced
  • The DJI S900 Hexacopter offers a new level of forward thinking design, proven flight controls and reliability. It uses standardized motors, propellers and speed controls. It also supports some of the best camera specific gimbals on the market - DJI zenmuse series.

The Only apparent downside right now with a platform like this is that the gimbals are camera specific, however it will accept third party gimbals that may require more tuning to get running smoothely.

You can get one at http://store.dji.com/product/spreading-wings-s900-a2-zenmuse-z15-gh4-hd

As I see it, this is an advancement on UAV design in terms of a stable platform that still features some modularity (when compared to hobby grade UAVs)

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Price is really not very low.

Similar carbon systems can be got for lower prices already.

Need to understand how gimbals will be doing.

Walkera also catching fast in lower segment, I do not see anything accessible for big cameras yet, but they are interested as I understand their words.

• You are right V - they definitely aren't the cheapest platform, but I think where DJI does really well is that they standardize the platform for stability and reliability. They really provide an excellent Value for the money spent. Nothing wrong with walkera - I'm about to test their go pro gimbal. I think their beginning is in hobby and toy grade products (not a diss) - whereas DJI started with pushing the boundaries of really high end flight controllers (Ace One), and standardizing platforms for entry level and pro level flight.

The S900 is special because I would call it the GH4 of UAVs. There is stuff that is cheaper, but the value and capability are huge for what the price is. It doesn't require as much tinkering as a frame-up build to get in the air, and you can likely get good results fast (like GH4 - does a lot out of the box, but can also be flexible using external recorders or YAGH base)