Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Magix Vegas Pro 18, 17, 16 and formar Sony Vegas 13 topic
  • 262 Replies sorted by
  • Some more things

• Modern, efficient user interface
    • Preview window:
      • Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in with real-time controls on the Video
      • Crop OFX plug-in with real-time controls on the Video Preview window
    • Powerful hardware acceleration through Intel QSV and graphics card GPU
    • Lookup table (LUT) OFX plug-in
    • Powerful generators, effects, and titling
    • Modern color science
    • ACES 1.0 support
    • Selectively paste event attributes
    • Instant freeze frame video creation
    • Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
      • Intel Skylake or newer processor required for QSV accelerated 8-bit HEVC/AVC decoding and encoding, Intel KabyLake or newer processor required for QSV accelerated 10-bit HEVC encoding and decoding
  • As most of you know, VEGAS Pro has always relied on your computer hardware for everything it does. In fact, VEGAS Pro was the first NLE to allow you to run on virtually any modern PC. You didn’t need any special hardware to edit your projects, and you still don’t. But VEGAS Pro 15 also taps into additional hardware that you may already have in your system. For example, more and more machines support Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV), and VEGAS Pro 15 leverages that technology to significantly accelerate both reading and writing certain file types. With that and other hardware (as well as software) optimizations, you’ll see more robust timeline performance and faster render times for certain formats.

https://vegas-magazine.com/vegas-pro-15-release/

• 15 version coming very soon

Almost a full year has passed since the revival of VEGAS Pro, and what ride it's been! Your support and enthusiasm have been nothing short of amazing. You have given us fantastic feedback and ideas for the future. So now we're excited to announce that the future you helped create begins to unfold with the release of VEGAS Pro 15 on August 28.

What can you expect from VEGAS Pro 15? Well, we can't list all the new features just yet, but here are a couple that we'll know you'll be interested in because they came directly from your feedback!

A GUI for everyone

From the moment you open the new software, you'll notice major UI changes which are not only designed to look pretty, but also bring innovative usability improvements to your workflow. Now more than ever, you can choose the GUI setup that works for you. For example, from in depth community discussion, we learned that some of you like a dark background, and some want to keep a lighter background. Some want monochromatic buttons, and some value buttons with color. Now those choices are up to you! And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to optimizing your workspace so that it works most efficiently for your unique editing style and workflow.

Editing speed efficiencies

You supplied a number of great ideas on how VEGAS Pro could speed your editing even more. We've implemented a number of these features. For instance, you wanted a "one-click" way to create a freeze frame in an event, and so in VEGAS Pro 15, you have exactly such a tool. Now, instead of following a multi-step procedure to create a freeze-frame video, you can accomplish the task with far less clicking. And that's just one example of how we've made editing faster and more intuitive.

Hardware accelerated Encoding/Decoding

VEGAS Pro 15 leverages modern hardware for accelerated encoding and decoding, including support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and other technologies.

We don't want to spoil all the surprises, but you'll only have to wait a little longer to get to know the other features and improvements of VEGAS Pro 15. We hope you are as excited as we are!

• Some educational videos by MAGIX, pretty basic

• Correct I noticed that ..Yea I'm. It really sure what quick sync does for Vegas users ,but same machine resolves does an amazing job playing back and editing 4K pro res amwith luts .. I can drop box a pro res 4K files for you and let me know how many frames you can playback in your machine without any plugins and at best resolution ,at 4K pro res it doesn't seem to help Vegas much changes the resolution preview for some weird reason

• As for Magix Vegas, I edit H.264 MOV and XAVC-S and 4K is OK until you add LUT or other effects in timeline so preview stops playing smoothly :-(

• @sammy If your CPU has got 8 physical cores, than is not listed in VK link, it belongs to another series, without Intel QuickSync. http://ark.intel.com/products/64595/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2670-20M-Cache-2_60-GHz-8_00-GTs-Intel-QPI

• liork, I made a pc based on those xeons Vk listed a while back , the 2670 , dual , 16 cores total @ 2.6 . rendering is much faster than my older workstation i7, did not do any scientific test,.But also in my system magix struggles with prores (better at hd, but bad at 4k prores) when I Tried out the latest version with regards to playback and editing in time line.. resolve seems to be very very smooth with this new system, 4k prores is no issue..I just got so used to vegas editing workflow , as im an audio guy coming from pro tools and cubase , it seemed very close to how you edit in DAW thus I kept using it. Have you tried editing 4k prores on your workstation with latest build of vegas> and how did that go with regards to time line playback and smoothness ?

• You are right, quality with GPU is not always the best. For me, it is best for draft use along the editing process, for final video I don't mind waiting more time to get the best results. Since launch, Magix released 4 updates which is quiet nice, hope they will add it soon. MP4 need it the most.

• @liork

You just need to be more accurate in statements, if you knew this :-).

Anyway, all major video editing software support GPU while exporting if you want that. Vegas stopped supporting modern GPU models since 3-4 years ago which is a shame.

With various results :-) Only effective approach here is usage of fixed logic encoder API provided by manufacturer. I am sure Vegas regain such support quite soon for both AMD and NVidia. Intel QuickSync is just most popular one and with less trouble. All Xeons take only tiny portion of the market in video editing.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I knew you would show me these ones… but I am not talking about them. This is a new series which is a variant of the Home based i7 series. These are not the models that are being used in Video editing work stations where you put Xeon with 10-20 cores in a minimum of 2 cpu configuration. Anyway, all major video editing software support GPU while exporting if you want that. Vegas stopped supporting modern GPU models since 3-4 years ago which is a shame.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev When you have a Xeon cpu, there is no QuickSync.

• Magix pro stuggles with pro res 4K files on timeline ..I compared few files on a friends workstation who has magix ,resolve ,and hitfilm .. editing the 4K pro res from ursa mini with resolve and hitfilm is very smooth on timeline and has full frame rate playback while editing .. same pro res 4K file on latest magix build 211 struggles on timeline without any plugins ,basically gets 10 frames to playback out of the 24 .. not sure what's the deal with magix ,and if this will ever get to the level of hitfilm and resolve with regards to play back timeline performance of 4K pro res

• But more seriously with Resolve Lite being free how can the higher price of Vegas be sustained especially with its very limited support for modern GPUs.

What exact you want to do on modern GPU except complex color grading?

Encoding is done using Intel QuickSync.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Nitpicking, but if you interpret the lowest price as normal that should read -25% so %50 higher than normal. But more seriously with Resolve Lite being free how can the higher price of Vegas be sustained especially with its very limited support for modern GPUs.

• -25% off? So 25% higher than normal?

LOL

• -25% off? So 25% higher than normal?

They have even cheaper "upgrade" pricing of $149/199/299 (Edit/standard/Suite) through November 30: http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14-edit/

As before, no previous serial number is required to take advantage of this upgrade pricing. It's open to everyone.

Recent updates to Vegas Pro 14 include the ability to read ProRes 4444, the ability to export ProRes, and bug fixes.

• They have -25% sale

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ (choose your country)

• Guys, how to preview video in full screen on Vegas 14 Pro, without external monitor? I am using GeForce GTX 560 Ti. On Vegas 13 it was the matter of clicking small "display" icon on upper left corner in a preview panel. On new Vegas 14 it seems no go... Preview Device Preferences tab opens window with probably something missing there - see pic attached.

displayvegas14.jpg
    449 x 674 - 84K
  • @sammy

VK, you think with time Magix will improve vegas pro ?

Most probably they will. But slow and more towards consumer side.

Yet, I think that centralization will continue. More and more people will focus on Premiere, Davinci and FCP X. I mean in low end segment of video editing.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev And Premiere is much faster than Sony Vegas, imagine that...

• VK, you think with time Magix will improve vegas pro ? as your correct sony the last 3-4 releases did not add anything ... as balazer stated its one of the easiest editing program to learn and workflow is great, its just the codec and smoothness of it is really bad .

• The 4K MP4 rendering time is so bad comparing to Premiere or Final Cut.

As I understand in real scenery Premiere rendering is worse than FCP X.

And about Sony - I think they did not cared last years at all.