Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Black Magic Studio Camera – m43 and Broadcast-Savvy
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • Don't those cameras usually have a sensor even smaller than m43? Isn't m43 large compared to previous models people are using in these scenarios?

• As discussed in another thread, it's a studio camera where controlled lighting is the norm, There's no need for a more sensitive sensor for that sort of scenario, just add light. However I agree, if I were them I would have put in a s35 sensor. I'm guessing they have a deal on that specific sensor with who ever provides it for them.

• Very interesting, but my main question would be:

What kind of sensor is used? (and in my case, most interested in HD version).

Same small sensor as in Pocket Cinema? Or a new sensor with bigger photo sites, making it more light sensitive and avoiding huge crop on lenses as with Pocket cinema.......

• True, but for those that mix in-studio and out in a location in a show, and want to use the same camera... is a four hour built-in battery going to be sufficient?

• Although I guess with the scenario for this camera they will usually be running AC power anyway.

Without question. The only things I've ever seen running on batteries in-studio are the lav mics.