Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 (GH4 too?) OEM eyecup
  • I lost my GH3's EVF eyecup. I modified an aftermarket Hoodman Nikon D300 eyecup to fit and it's great but it obstructs the LCD's movement and extends above the hotshoe. I wanted to replace the original eyecup and had a hell of a time finding even just the part number on the web. I called Panasonic's warranty number and learned that the eyecup falling off would be covered under warranty. I was told to pack the camera up and send it in to a repair center where they would replace the eyecup. My only expense would be shipping it to them. I started a claim and got a case number but I asked to be transferred to the parts department. I wanted to see if I could find the part and compare the cost of shipping in my camera to buying a tiny part.

Panasonic USA's tech support, repair and parts department didn't have a diagram or an obvious part name to help me order the right part. I was patient and eventually I was put in contact with a manager who had worked in multiple departments and was familiar with the "DMC-GH3". She found the part number and took the order over the phone. It arrived in about 5 business days.

Since it was such an an unusual, inexplicably time consuming affair I thought I should share the information.

The part number is VYK6B43

The Panasonic USA parts telephone number is 1-800-833-9626. Other regions have a different number. It can also order via internet.

My cost including shipping was $16.75 US

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks, for the info. Mine fell out at a friends house and was swept and thrown in the garbage bag. I was lucky I discovered in time before garbage bag was thrown outside. But now I know the part number if I have to buy a new one. Panasonic really screwed us up on that whole EVF and eye cup.

• Thanks kindly for the info debuys. I contacted Panasonic Australia for a replacement quoting the above part number.

There was no suggestion of sending the camera in, rather they referred me to a 3rd party supplier (Prime Electronics - Brisbane). The eyecup will cost $12 and they suggest it might take between 4 to 6 weeks to order in.

• Does this eyecup fit our GH3's or 4's?

• There's a g cup they just released looks good, U.S. At the moment tho it's same price again for shipping to UK + taxes which is a shame makes it a bit expensive, perhaps with gh3 / 4's being quite popular it might get better global distribution it looks spot on.

http://millerschneider.com/products/g-cup