Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Virtual mikes system. Is this too good to be true?
  • Is this scientifically possible ? I'm not an expert on this by any means, just like to see what you guys think about this

a7_41.jpg
    774 x 782 - 166K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • Microphone arrays are interesting; however, this is not a big array array, and as such is nothing you could not do with any mic and a plugin. The reason a mic is good is because of the R&D put into the design, and then how it is made. Anything that looks like a beercan is not the product of decades of R&D, unless it is a beer company.

• It's entirely possible IMO to imagine that a system could be created that would allow a company to mimic the way different microphones and or preamps behave. I'd try to get a test of the gear in a shop before buying or if they have a generous return policy give it a try. Classic gear has been studied to death over the decades and engineers know a LOT about how those classic units do what they do. It's not magic.

• Holy good crap! Is this guy for real? I mean, not the product but the arrogant dick presenting it, what a class-a douche-bag; the guy's like the Ron Burgundy of the audio world.

• @spacewig

Don't go to persons, keep discussing product.

• Product seems very interesting. Looking forward to reading some hands-on reviews, though, as I just can't watch the whole video.

• @spacewig I doubt that the hardware is true class A, probably surface mount.

• I doubt that the hardware is true class A, probably surface mount.

What is "true class A" in your understanding?

• I wasn't referring to the hardware. Furthermore, class A has nothing nothing to do with component layout but the quiescent currents of the transistors in the amplifier. That an SMT device can't operate in class A is patently false.

• Geez you guys, it was just a joke, referring to your "Class A d*b".

• Oops... My apologies, lol, and touché