Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Editing surround with headphones
  • Hello, i recently saw that 5.1 and 7.1 headphones do exist, so i was wondering if anyone has some experience editing video with them i´m mean most of the surround headphones that i have seen have usb connection so, is that a problem for NLE software or they work just fine, does anyone has tried this??

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • This one is simple. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9329/different-surround-tech-for-headphones#Item_2

And forget about 7.1 stuff, they are mostly crap. Get good set of monitoring headphones and some of surround plugins for your DAW.

• the video on the link is interesting, but I guess, what i´m asking is, the other channels of the 5.1 headphones appear on the nle?, am i able to route them properly?

• Huh, you need NLE that supports it (it can be panning of individual track in space or such). And export sound in proper format (DD, DTS, etc).

• ajjajj, sorry, my confusion was with the usb... but i have just found a headphone set that can access the sound card, so nevermind :)