Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
my bmcc rig- a different solution
  • I have a busted neck so I needed a differently structured rig.

My idea was to get the camera, where bigger cameras should be, on top of my shoulder. This would mean the camera controls would be in back of ear and not useable. Lens control would be difficult but it always is in with a rig. I can reach it but not without some shake or a focus puller. It would also mean I had to get a monitor in front of my face.

the right side of my face is flush with the side of the camera. So one handle went to the top of the cage and I used an angled sdi cable.

I will be doing reviews of each piece of this rig soon. They are: Lilliput 663S sdi 720p 7" monitor Gini Rig Bmcc cage Lanparte Magic arm 2 smallrig qr handle lanparte shoulder pad with vmount and baseplate.

All this was far less than the price of a full lanparte or tilde rig. You have to have a monitor or evf with bmcc.

bmcc1.jpg
    571 x 350 - 101K
    bmcc2.jpg
    435 x 350 - 106K
    bmcc3.jpg
    520 x 420 - 121K
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Looks similar to my setup.. You'll be pulling focus with your left hand on the lens?

• I've been gearing up my BMCC. Here are some video reviews of what I've acquired. These are of the rig type equipment. I also did one for the Lilliput 663s monitor I'll put in the monitor section.

What to think about for your rig(and back):

Ginirig cage:

Lanparte shoulder pad

Rig all together:

In action: