Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 24p in PAL land
  • My previous tests were with an unhacked GH2 and it showed strobing.
    There have been a number of tests on personal-view and here is a summary of how to work with 24p in PAL - until the 25P is released.
    1. Set Sharpness to -2
    2. Use the GOP3 hack (or the GOP1 - if it works)
    3. Use a diffusion filter (Hmm - I would be doubtful if a low light scene would cause detail related problems, as we saw this issue in low light footage as well)

As a corollary to 1. and 3. we can use the Nostalgic or Smooth presets as they are "flatter"

Is there anything I have missed ?

I would love to get feedback from people using 24P in PAL-land.
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • @zcream Shoot at 1/50 to match the shutter speed with the 50Hz supply? Although I have found to eliminate strobing of computer monitors I need to shoot at 1/80 or higher.

I don't think changing the GOP could affect the strobing?
  • Incidentally NTSC/60Hz land has the same strobing issues with 24p (30p matches with 60Hz but not 24p). We've just been lucky in PAL land that 25p both looks like 24p motion _and_ plays nice with the electricity cycle.