Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
30fps out of a PAL GH3
  • The maths is doing my head in, but I'd like confirmation or not on this. If I set the camera to shoot 24p @ 80%, what I understand is that the camera will shoot at 30 but display at 24, thus giving the 80% speed. So I figure, if I tell my software to render out the clip at 30p and reduce the duration by 80% I should have a clip at 30p. I know the playback is actually 23.98, but I set the render frame rate at 29.97, so things don't go awry. Is this going to actually give me 30p? I have a test to do, make a video of my tablet clapper app going off a few times, with separate sound. Then do the rate change and see if video and audio sync.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Done the test with separate sound and the clapper app. Tried it first with setting the rendered video at 29.97, but that drifted over a minute by a few milleseconds. So tried the render at 30p, seems spot on accurate over 1 minute. So does this mean the GH3 is a world camera, with no regional restrictions? I guess not everyone can do separate sound and have a clapper.