Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
35-100mm m43 small lens

Specs

• Stabilizer - MEGA O.I.S
    • 7 bladed aperture
    • 12 lenses in 9 groups
    • 2 ED lenses, one aspheric
    stab26.jpg
    562 x 463 - 48K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • What kind of aperture are we expecting for this new 35-100mm lens? F4.0-F5.6 maybe? My 35-100mm F2.8 isn't too much longer than that. However, its front element looks like a much bigger diameter.

• I've read somewhere that the diameter of this lens is smaller, it's made for the GM1 - and comparing to the diameter of the 15mm, looks like the case. Probably will be a 4.0-5.6.

But in fact it looks like a lot the 18-55mm kit zoom from the NEX cameras, hehehe

• PR

Panasonic is proud to introduce a new digital interchangeable telephoto zoom lens, the LUMIX G VARIO 35-100mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS35100) based on the Micro Four Thirds system standard. Achieving high picture quality, the new LUMIX G VARIO 35-100mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. designed in stunningly compact metallic profile with retractable structure despite a lens with this versatile focal distance of 35-100 mm (Equivalent to 70-200 mm on a 35mm camera). It is useful in shooting images including portrait or close-ups with impressively defocused background taking advantage of its high portability. The lens will be available in mid November at www.shop.panasonic.com and valued channel partners.

Comprised of 12 lenses in 9 groups, the lens system realizes uniform descriptiveness with its excellent contrast from the center to the corners, equal brightness at entire zoom range and high resolution. Notably, 2 ED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) lenses minimize chromatic aberration. An aspherical lens helps achieve high optical performance while allowing dramatic downsizing of the lens unit.

The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) effectively compensates for vibration making it easy to capture images clearly even if they are shot with small aperture.

It incorporates a superior inner focus system which enables excellent resolution and contrast from full life-size magnification to infinity. The inclusion of stepping motor makes the focusing action smooth and silent for use in both photo and video recording. When mounted on the Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) cameras of LUMIX G, users can take advantage of the high-speed, high-precision Contrast AF system.

Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. The new LUMIX G VARIO 35-100mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. lens also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance.

The LUMIX G VARIO 35-100mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. in either silver or black color matches the LUMIX Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) cameras, especially the new DMC-GM5 or DMC-GM1.

The Panasonic 35-100 mm f/4-f/5.6 is a very attractively priced telephoto zoom lens, which is also very compact and light. For the first time, I headed out without a photo bag with a system camera fitted with a telephoto zoom (70-200 mm full frame equivalent) and a standard zoom (~24-70 mm full frame equivalent), with the camera around my neck and 1 lens in my pocket. The whole set of camera and two lenses (Panasonic 12-32 mm, 35-100 mm and GM5) was not only compact, but weighed a total of just 400 grams.

http://www.camerastuffreview.com/panasonic-lens-review/review-panasonic-35-100-4

g7x_test37.jpg
    648 x 340 - 64K

35mm

100mm

It is difficult to fault this little lens from Panasonic. Optically it performs better than its price tag would have you expect.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/panasonic-lumix-g-vario-35-100mm-f-4-0-5-6-asph-mega-o-i-s--review-26467

z_inside23.jpg
    768 x 580 - 54K
    z_inside24.jpg
    671 x 483 - 46K
    z_inside25.jpg
    664 x 494 - 42K

Review lens to be a respectable performer, with centre resolution matching – and exceeding – resolution expectations for the 16-megapixel sensors of both the cameras we used for our tests: the Panasonic DMC-GH4 and the Olympus OM-D E-M1. Slightly higher resolutions were achieved with the E-M1 so we have based our test reports on images from that camera.

However, edge and corner softening reduced resolution to well below expectations in these areas, even when the center of the test frame was sharp. Resolution peaked between one and three f-stops down from the maximum aperture for most focal length setting, although the maximum aperture delivered the highest resolution with the 100mm focal length, as shown in the graph of our Imatest results below.

http://www.photoreview.com.au/reviews/lenses/m4-3/panasonic-lumix-g-vario-35-100mm-f-4.0-5.6-asph-mega-o.i.s.-h-fs35100-lens

sales70.jpg
    595 x 424 - 40K

The 35-100mm f/4-5.6 is a surprisingly sharp lens. Given the design priorities on the lens, I expected good, but not excellent performance in this area, and I’m happy to report the 35-100m handily exceeds my expectation in this department.

http://admiringlight.com/blog/review-panasonic-lumix-35-100mm-f4-5-6-ois/

moza16.jpg
    751 x 634 - 47K
  • img268.jpg
    495 x 425 - 67K
  • New firmware v1.2

Improved focusing stability when using the Lens Position Resume function.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/fs35100.html