Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Linux - PTool under Wine, video tools, anything
  • @Ptchaw
    >Also, just to confirm for anyone running Linux/debian variants, PTool works nicely with Wine out of the box.

I would have said so, too - until yesterday when I got the "Invalid floating point operation" exception trying to run PTool3_62d.
    (Fedora 15.x86_64, Wine 1.3.24)
    Screenshot-ptool3.png
    245 x 116 - 7K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Currently needing to spend 20 minutes rendering each frame of video? Instead, try building a render farm out of all your old computers, running linux:

• @Roberto Haven't tried 3.62 on Debian yet! Looks a lot like the error we saw when 3.60 first came out, perhaps @Vitaliy_Kiselev can help debug this? What were you trying to do when the error was triggered?
  • @Ptchaw
    It happens as soon as I launch PTool/Wine. I somehow hope that it's a Wine problem which may be fixed with the next software update; or else a PTool incompatibility with this v3.62 - waiting on the next PTool version likewise. Until then I'm booting into Windows occasionally.
  • Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS Released See Distro Watch news item: http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07225

I'll be upgrading and will post my impressions.