Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Question Regarding GH2's Settings (FSH/FH/L/H/SH/H )
  • Forgive me if this has been posted before. I cross-referenced, wikipedia'd, googled, and searched to death the differences between these video settings. Yet I have never found a succinct answer.

Basically, I'm shooting straight 24p with a hack. My footage has come out incredibly well thanks to that. However, can someone please explain to me what the core differences are between settings, and what are the pros/cons with each one?

• 24H / 24L

• FSH / FH

• SH / H

Also, I hear shooting slow motion on a GH2 is best achieved with AVCHD 720, 60i. Again, what are the core differences between those settings? I am so incredibly confused, so you I sincerely thank-you for your patience.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • You do have an owners manual right? Pretty sure it's in there. Just saying.

• I understand the textbook differences. I am looking for people's subjective experiences on these settings. Did you read the question?

Just saying.

• For slomo the best is 60p. 50/60i is not good for anything IMO, at least for what I do. Other than 720p60 for slowmotion i use only hbr sometimes when i need 25p and 24p of course.