Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
  • Hey guys, I wanted to show you guys how the Wooden Cage works with the GH3, I did forget to point out 2 important features on the cage because I wont be using them, one is the fact that it comes with a small plate that can help prevent your camera from slipping if you use a follow focus and the 2nd one is that you can also use the hotshoe as another point to tighten or secure the camera. In this post http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/7535/gh3-loose-hot-shoe-pictures#Item_1 I show the reason I had to get a cage, and how weak the GH3 hot shoe is, I hope this video helps someone else to make a decision on whether to get this cage or not. Take care everyone

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Out of my price range, but I definitely like this. More universal for future bodies and modular to upgrade. I never liked the bulk of the square ones that had no more access to the hand grip, so this is a bonus all around.

• Humm...I have the Carryspeed Viewfinder VF-4 . It adds a baseplate beneath the camera . Watching your video I dont think will be enough room to fit the gh3 with this baseplate . Can you make it a little higher ? Or I do need the medium size ?

• @labalbi I think it would be a tight fit with the small version, although remember that the rod on the side is adjustable, and you can still go up and down a little bit but it might not be enough, better to go with the medium one, another great thing about this is that you can simply add a longer rod and still use the same cage.

• thanks . the baseplate is included ? its easy to attach in a manfrotto head ? Thanks