Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PARTIALLY RANDOM CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • Hey PV's

With the increase of temperature and volition of cool drinks and relaxing landscapes summer is here and so is this new proposal for a collaborative video. It is just a game, meant to enjoy and have fun which doesn't take we can still try to assemble a beautiful frankenstein's wife :P

RULES

1. ANY Personal View member can submit one video. There will be no exclusions other than the ones failing to comply with rules

2. No limit to total submissions but all must be submitted within a 30 day period starting July the 25th at 20:00 GMT and ending August the 25th at 20:00 GMT to project email: pvexquisitecorpse@gmail.com

3. When submitting the video you must identify yourself with your PV username and leave a comment in this thread for record purposes

4. Each shot must be no more than 10 seconds

5. 1080p24 - 16:9

6. Black and white, no editing - MTS/mov/mp4 directly from camera

7. Shot must begin and end with black, accomplished in-camera (please revisit classics: i.e. Hitchcock)

8. Shot must include ONE CLEARLY VISIBLE peanut. The peanut should be shelled and double bumped

SUBMISSIONS

• as simple as sending the video or donwloadable link to project email: pvexquisitecorpse@gmail.com

• and writing in that email at least one word, the only truly indispensable one, your username here at PV
    so we can identify you, not the case if you already participated in previous corpse

then come here, to this thread, and leave record of your participation; say somethin to the comunity, to fellow participants, share, discuss, brag, exchange jokes... empower your experience

Dealers and organization will be co-run by @Alienhead and @maxr. Order of submission will correspond with video chronological alignment.

As with the first CORPSE resulting mess will be under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 
CC BY-NC-ND creative commons license. All participants will receive a digital copy

Thanks Vitaliy Kiselev for being such XXXXX host ;-)

Now, let's ENJOY!!!

• 42 Replies sorted by
  • Also let's specify that the peanut should be shelled and be one of the double bump ones.

• @Alienhead donne skipper!!!

About people procrastinating (Hobbes: ughhh!!!) we must^ think of somethin' to palliate this possible phenomena.

^ this is a special noum many professional gravediggers use that has nothing to do with the verb implying any moral form of obligation but is a relative (right-cousin) of "mustard" i.e. we must on this sausage hi hi hi

• If everyone saw the latest shot that person might be inspired with an idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Exquisite_corpse_drawing_by_Noah_Ryan_and_Erica_Parrott.JPG

So one solution might be to post the most recently submitted shot and take it down as soon as a new one is submitted. That would take away some of the surprise factor but it also would allow for the idea to evolve collaboratively instead of merely spontaneously based on rules.

• So one solution might be to post the most recently submitted shot and take it down as soon as a new one is submitted

@Alienhead , my friend, what makes The Thing a great film? :P

This part is kind of about what's in my head, want to think I'm not egotriping but trying to verbalize things out in order to make myself understandable, even to me :-)

Personally I like the idea of a set of rules and then just juxtaposing the resulting shots so that experience and final output are close one another; I'll call that real, Jimmie probably would say coherent. Lately I'm also developing a sort of fascination with chaos, random, noise and entropy... may be that I am traveling in mayonnaise like they say here. That said I understand many times compromises must be done... and I am more than willing to "sacrifice" my personal view for a better integration which doesn't mean Logan homogenization. I have deep trust in viewers' capacity (powerfully not rationalized) of dealing with other systems/languages/states that the standardized ones. Anyway being this a game, the feeling of nothing to loose nothing to prove should free any unhealthy weight.

Ted, guys, given that corpse has already started and other than the concept itself what would be useful to:

1. make our game more appealing/challenging
    2. encourage early involvement
    3. MAYBE and surely very very very slightly tune/sync energies (and thus byproduct)

?

C'won guys ALL FEEDBACK, energy, comments are welcome, you know that ;-)

Naturally things can look really (nicely) creepy • still too young for frankestein's bride ja ja ja

• Well, I'm in. Perhaps some info on how to make our submission(s)?

• HEY space!!! welcome again :D

info on how to make our submission(s)?

• as simple as sending the video or donwloadable link to project email: pvexquisitecorpse@gmail.com

• and writing in that email at least one word, the only truly indispensable one, your username here at PV
    so we can identify you (not your case as you already participated)

then come here, to this thread, and leave record of your participation; say somethin to the comunity, to fellow participants, share, discuss, brag, exchange jokes... empower your experience

So now you can put again your boots and buy 1 ton of cacahuatl for massive experimentation XD

all good

PS
    Updated submissions' specifics next to the rules

• Ok, keep stochastic principles intact and submissions invisible.

Here's my last suggestion...a small incentive to submit could be the hint of a single word of the last submitter's choosing posted for all to see on the board. The word could serve as some kind of clue, giving a hazy impression for the imagination of the other potential participants, and therefore some kind of inducement and aid to the shaping of the end result.

• @Alienhead ja ja ja that's one word I had to look up in the dictionary "stochastic"
    Ted, just because I don't implement right away your suggestions doesn't mean they're not being listening, don't underestimate your own power, buddy. Most of times it is just a question of wanting to hear and confront them with more (the others/collective<-personal) opinions, suggestions and ideas.

WE could post the submission video and then take it down (actually replacing it) as soon as new/next submission comes in as you suggested first, just the last frame of the shot or only the soundtrack as I am suggesting now and still a clue-word could be the hazy trigger you're proposing in last post ;-)

Before Ted chooses which one it's going to be, does ANYBODY else have ideas, suggestions, orgasms that want to share???

All of these dialogs would be so much nicer if sang, a mix between Monty Python, The Muppets and Black Sabbath XD

BIG off topic (or not)... need some energy descharge je je je
    Epic album wonderfully produced by max cavalera and co-produced by Richard Kaplan :D

MILAGRO EN LA MAGIA Y LA FUERZA AL QUERER!!!

still

JUMP!!!!

and for a softer fade out, Ramones' Strength to Endure cover

hay algo sobre vos que las luces hacen brillar ...
    tengo fuerzas para aguantar
    todo este puro amorrrrrrr

• Cool. Rules are clear enough. Any changes can be made to Corpse 3.0. Now if I can only get the shop to sell me a single peanut. ;)

• honestly, I'm not sure where to get shelled peanuts where I live... crisis of the third degree. I'll have to start combing the stores.

• I advocate some nudity this time. Let's accept undressed shelled peanuts...

• @buildbyflying @MirrorMan @Fool4UAnyway

I guess that's why H. Miller said that as men reach happiness should kill themselves

:P

• As an alternative, how about obscurity? If you can't get the right dress for the P-nut, then at least use any dress.

• trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrr r rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fuck ai forgot ai going ai say

• Well, you know, @Alienhead and I... we tried... we gave our baby-corpse best conditions we could.
    After sucking titties dry they go by their own, making and destroying paths and lives XD

spacewig just submitted the FIRST BREATH OF LIFE

into this new corpse, as you can hear below

1st shot

clue-word RABID

as It is such with other games than poker, there were peanuts :P

• No takers out there?

• I'm going to do it! Shortly. But really I've hoping someone else would be next; you're a tough act to follow @spacewig.

• Today I got a peanut... I steal it, casually... I had to, he was so desperate for sun, there was no other way,
    he needed an adventure, I asked no questions :P
    @Alienhead and @spacewig in my case is even worse 'cause I'd truly love to participate but already saw space's shot, once again really nice, man!!! So, me and the peanut are going to... have a talk, thank you guys for being there

gashô

• I have submitted my 1080p Black and White in camera only shot beginning and ending in black and including one shelled peanut.!

We have just over a week for anyone else to do the same before this 2nd exquisite corpse is animated. My one word clue is PARANOID.

• He-HEY Alienhead!!! I confirm your submission, thank you!
    I haven't peep in case I participate too. I wonder... je je je

To all the other intrepid fellow forunners with machine guns, I mean cameras,
    C'WON GUYS, CHANGING RUTINES FOR ONCE CAN BE FUN!!!

• Just sent my 10 seconds. Tried some different shots but they all needed an edit of some form (too long, too wobbly, too bright, no black at the end, etc) I went with something simple in the end. Procrastinators unite! The last moments belong to us.

• @buildbyflying welcome brother, once you're in just get confortable and enjoy. Thank you :D
    Gonna repeat those nice words of you a little louder, only 6 hours to go,

Procrastinators unite! The last moments belong to us!!!

yyiiiiiiiihhhhhhaaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!

• +1 submission, mine :D

clue word: PV

• I can't get over how few people have participated in this project. So many members seem to spend their days posting long-winded soliloquies about the technical issues obstructing their march towards actualizing their latent cinematic genius you'd think they'd jump all over the opportunity to make a creative contribution whenever the occasion presents itself. I guess I'm just not ready to fully appreciate the resplendent joys of filming bushes, pets, kids or outside my window.

• I guess I'm just not ready to fully appreciate the resplendent joys of filming bushes, pets, kids or outside my window.

May be we need some contest that interest many people. Like contest on best filmed cat thrown in the bush :-)