Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best/affordable camcorder for documentary work? best video point and shoot?
  • I'm going to be filming a documentary in Vietnam for a month, however I want to be discreet as possible. No rigs, no monopods, no tripods. Simply going to try to do everything handheld, so image stabilization is a must. I only have knowledge on true cinema cameras (red, bmcc, hdslrs) and really no knowledge on other camcorders (sony, panasonic, jvc). So I wanted to ask what my options are, would love to have audio as well, however I can always bring a separate sound recorder

In addition, I'll most likely have a point and shoot for "unsafe" areas, wanted to see what my options were for that as well. Again, image stabilization is a must. Was leaning towards the sony systems, rx1, rx100. Or even the bmcc pocket if there was a lens that had IS

Any input is appreciated! - Thank you!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • @inhousegoods

maybe Panasonic AG-AC90 even does 60p

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/893072-REG/Panasonic_agac90pj_AG_AC90_AVCCAM_Handheld_Camcorder.html

just read your post again and seen "discreet" so maybe this isn't the best camera lol