Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: End of Dollar Epoch

• Film shown on main Russian TV channel in prime time :-)
  • 17 Replies sorted by
  • Can't understand this... I'm from the US. lol

But, yea, we should have went into a much need recession/depression in 2008 to learn the value of the free-market system. Obama-care and the bailouts were the nail in the coffin.

Government should not interfere with economy at all. Wealth can only be created. It cannot be distributed. To do is is a contradiction of the very principles that currency represents.
  • @bwhitz

Just watch.
    Many interviews are in english.
    By Ron Paul, etc.

I am posted to cite the fact. As film is very hard to US.
  • @bwhitz

Government should not interfere with economy at all. Wealth can only be created. It cannot be distributed. To do is is a contradiction of the very principles that currency represents.

This is Orwellian. Deregulation in the finance industry caused the crash. What do you think a bubble is?
  • > you like Ron?

At least he has logic in his words and do not like complete puppet :-)
  • @bianluce

There should never have been a "finance industry" in the first place. The whole idea is a joke. And wouldn't have existed in the first place without the support of big government.

As much as the government would love to "regulate" the finance industry... they enjoy the kickbacks even more. When has the government successfully regulated anything? They should never be put in that position in the first place. The government is not some magical entity that knows no immorality... it's just a bunch of regular people like you an I. In the end they'll end up doing what's best for themselves, their families, and their friends. They couldn't care less about the future of our civilization and society.

BTW, my statement was more Objectivist than Orwellian... ;) Orwellian is "big-brother" government control. I'm against this. Regulation of finances by the government is the definition of Orwellian.
  • @bwhitz "Regulation of finances by the government is the definition of Orwellian."

Yes, but in the USA it's more like we have regulation of the government by the finance industry. It is, after all, the privately-owned Federal Reserve that issues the dollars...
  • Ron Paul has some good ideas, especially where finance is concerned. The problem for me is that he believes each of us were created individually by GOD, doesn't believe in "the theory of evolution" and is against birth control. He is clearly insane/delusional which is fine for normal people if that is what they want, but I don't want another divinely guided president.
  • @LPowell

Yea good point. That's why it makes even less sense that the financial crisis was caused by "not enough regulation". It wasn't even possible for them to do it at all. This is just what they tell people in the news.
  • "It will happen when you sleep..."

The American public has been asleep for a long time.
  • @pingpongcomputer while I don't agree with Ron Paul on many "issues", when I think about the role the President actually plays in our government, and what I feel our country needs from a President right now, Ron Paul I think would take things in the right direction. I don't necessarily think things should be taken all the way to where he would like them to go, but what are the chances of any president getting everything they say they want done . . . done. It seems they generally struggle to do much of anything productive ;-)
  • @pingpongcomputer

"The problem for me is that he believes each of us were created individually by GOD, doesn't believe in "the theory of evolution"

A bigger problem is that 61% of US people believe the same. Now that's worrying...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2009/02/12/4427408-poll-just-39-believe-in-evolution
  • Maybe it's time for a global currency?
  • A "Global" currency requires competent economic management by whoever is underwriting it. At present there are only a very few countries in the World with good financial management. But...many other political issues also come into the equation. Thus a global currency as such won't happen by decree...it just becomes the defacto preferred currency for trade. This is where the once dominant $US has come to grief...soon to be followed by the Euro...
  • Because of the grim, uncertain financial situation of the World, investors are like rabbits caught in a car's headlights...scared and don't know which way to turn.

Gold will be up again very soon...just like the price of LA7200...
  • Nice one, I like the way Russians do their editing, very good, very intense... this should be translated into english!