Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Help choosing a wide angle lens.
  • Hello, I'm looking for a wide-angle lens to pair with my GH2 for use on a GlideCam, and I'd like it to have a minimum of f2.8 or better.

Lens on my list, 1. Olympus 11-22mm 2. Nikon 20mm 2.8 3. Nikon 24mm 2.8, 4. Olympus 12mm f2.0, if I can get at least $300 for a Nikon D300 body.

I currently shoot with a Olympus 14-54mm MK1 and the Panasonic Leica 14-50mm OIS 2.8-3.5, but I'd like something a bit wider than 14/28mm.

I also shoot photos with a D700, hence the Nikon choices. Dual use would be nice but not a requirement.

So my question is if you had to pic one on image characteristics alone, which would you choose?

Also I'm open to other suggestions.

Any information or insite is greatly appreciated.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Tokina 11-16 2.8 Nikon mount. "Musgo" (search on Vimeo) was shot with it

• I'll take a look at that Tokina, but I'm trying to choose from the lenses that I've listed. I didn't mention that I have a $300 credit for an exchange at a store that has those lenses available.

Am I correct in assuming that I'll get the same FOV from a OM 24mm or Nikon 24mm as the newer Olympus 12mm?

• For what it's worth, I'm looking for a prime lens that's wide (roughly 14mm in the MFT system), fast (as low as 1.8 if possible), and actual manual focus-- I'd use this with a follow focus rig, and the auto-focus lenses don't work well with that. It'd probably be a high-end lens with an adapter. Any suggestions?