Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
WANT TO BUY - Wesley 24mm 1.4 CCTV lens
  • Hi,

I'm desperate to get my hands on this lens. I'm willing to offer a very fair price so if you can bare to part with one please message me or email me at a.recapture@googlemail.com.

There's got to be somebody with one knocking about unused!

Many thanks!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Good luck on the Wesley. I got mine last year on eBay and haven't seen another since.

If it makes you feel any better, it's no miracle lens, or at least my example isn't. It's reasonably sharp and contrasty and not too vignetty on a GH2 but it's no pancake/Leica killer and frankly isn't good till stopped down to f2 or 2.8 anyway so if you're hunting it for a low light solution, think again. Mine has enough focus slop that I've given up on using it to shoot video of any seriousness. I don't feel ripped off for the $40 I paid for it but I'd never use this on a job. It's perfect for wide open glowy alt.glass pics of tapas with your EPL-1 on a neck strap aka rangefinder fashion accessory on those nights when you want a change of pace from an unnecessary scarf.

• Well I don't expect it to be a miracle lens, but there's something about the look of it that I love and I want to try it for myself. I wouldn't intend to use it much on professional jobs either, but as I want it primarily for video I think it's worth trying to hunt one down for its cute look.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

• @austinchimp yes about the look of it I agree with you, there is something one can not tell. I got it from ebay 4-5 months ago. blends well with some of my FDs and other old lenses. if you find one get it. cheap and fun lens to play with.

• the pentax cosmicar 25mm f1.4 might be a lovely alternative...

• @austinchimp

If you still want that Wesley 24mm f1.4 lens, I'll sell you mine. $50 + $5 US shipping, complete with everything that came with it in the original box - macro ring, C-mount adapter, extra tiny screws. Pristine condition since I haven't really used it or even taken it out of the house. PM me if you're interested.

• I've PM'd you @shaveblog

I've also managed to source a Pentax 25mm 1.4 but from sample photos I've seen the Pentax seems to have more of that weird swirly circular bokeh that I'm not crazy about and which is the hallmark of the cheap ebay cctv lenses.

From what I've seen the Wesley is pretty clear of this.