Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Brains
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Fascinating yet scary.

• @stonebat

Btw, it is possible to people sort according to their natural talents having very high res tomograph scan.

• molecular information of a brain, visually correct is what was lacking to understand the way brain works on a chemical biological way, not its mind though

• @endotoxic

Unless mind itself is a physiological process

• @inqb8tr

i knew some one would say so. The mind is more like an holistic perspective of cognition, physiological process, is more than that. We all are a massive complex of physiological processes, even though right now we cant understand lets say love, or hate, by only knowing its quemical reaction on brain.

• I think that our instruments are too primitive to observe and measure the finest of those processes or their interactions and combinations, but that we are going towards that. Like in quantum physics.

I'm just trying not to see this physicalistic angle as "reducing" mind to physical process, we are not suddenly going to become robots if such a theory ever turns out right.