Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GH2, Faulty Shutter Release Button.
  • I recently purchased a GH2 as they are selling at stupid prices and thought it would be a good upgrade from my little LX3.

My charger died after around two charges and from new my camera has had an odd feel when the shutter release button is pressed at even the slightest angle. I was starting to wonder why I randomly couldn't review my photos or access the quick menu, it seems the button is sticking at the half press position.

As the button has been popping up at an angle it has rubbed on the paint which is now starting to flake off causing more sticking problems. To date I have probably used the camera five times but I am worried Panasonic will deem it as being user error as even to me it would look that way.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with a GH2?

Apologies for the poor pic- http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/fairy1_02/P1110639_zps34aba5ec.jpg

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • It has so far been seen as being my fault as sweat from taking photos with MTB gloves on has supposedly stripped the paint which strangely hasn't happened on my old Lumix.

Anyway I am waiting for a reply from Panasonic to see what happens, if I have to pay for it it is $200+ for the repair which I really couldn't be bothered paying, I'd prefer to smash it with a hammer and call it a day.