Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Issue with Macbook Pro 13 2011/SD Card
  • Hi I done a search but couldn't find anything related to my problem.

When using my Sandisk 64GB 95Mbps card and Macbook Pro I get error code 36 when trying to copy MTS files to the desktop. It's very temperamental and I haven't been able to fix it. It works fine if I use a USB card reader. The only issue is when I'm using OS X and the in built reader. Ironically the in built reader works fine when I boot into a Windows bootcamp so I believe the problem lies within OS X. Has anyone else got the same combination and have the same issue? I also get this issue with the 8GB version of this card. I've tried formatting both within camera and software.

The only way I'm able to really copy files from my card is to keep taking it out and putting it back in until it eventually copies over completely.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Try cleaning the SD card slot with compressed air and/or a piece of thin cardboard.

• I don't think that's the issue. As I say it works flawlessly every time in windows bootcam

• I can confirm that with the 10.8.3 (12D68) update the SD card slot works perfectly as should do. Anyone with an issue similar to mine should update if possible.