Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Need Color grading Advice
  • So i'm planning to make a short film in the future, God willing. I'm just conflicted between these 2 grades I have. I'm not sure if anyone of them should be an option. I'm just asking for opinions on which grade looks more pleasant or filmic to the eye. I'm aiming more for a movie like grade. If neither of them, if you could give me some tips on what I should to. Thanks

test1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 314K
    test2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 458K
    test_00065.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 499K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • @spaceandtime,

My personal view:

1st image is too dark. I wouldn't choose it at all. 2nd is good. Has a lot of details. 3rd is good as well, though its contrast is much lower than the contrast of the 2nd one.

I'd choose the 3rd one and then I'd apply some film grain. It will make your image look like a still from a movie and it'll make your image look more sharper despite the lowered contrast.

You may also look at the ColorGHear thread and some threads related to the film grains emulations.