Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2: Auto ISO while in Manual Mode(s) for video.
  • Has anyone been able to set the iso to AUTO or iAUTO in M (Manual) mode? I am able to do so in P S & A modes.
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • @APXmusic

isoAuto in the M-Mode: no way!!!
  • @APXmusic Unfortunately it is not possible. Though its not a problem if you use legacy lenses - use shutter priority. Normally the camera would then control the aperture, but it can't obviously, so you still get aperture/shutter control with auto ISO.

For non-legacy lenses you can use shutter priority and then use AE lock to lock the aperture. Not ideal, but it works.

I often shoot in extreme run and gun scenarios (urbex), where the lighting can change completely very quickly, so auto ISO can be useful.
  • Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. Situations where the light changes constantly but I want to keep the same aperture and shutter speed.
  • I would also like the option to manually set ISO for movie button when in Picture mode. Now when you press movie button, the camera sets Auto ISO. So you could use Auto ISO for FSH/SH movies taken with M setting on the picture dial. Just an idea.
  • Thanks for the info, it's good to know that with shutter priority and AE lock it's possible to work with auto ISO to cope with light changes. Are the changes in light conditions and thus ISO noticable in the footage? Does the footage suffer from the ISO bug or does this just manifest itself when the ISO is changed manually?