Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2: ExTele check disable to get ETC and HDMI out?
  • Disclaimer: Tried finding an old topic about this but couldn't find it. If it's there, please excuse me for starting a new one and link to the topic.

I like using my camera with a B4 lens and exTele mode set to on. Now I want to use this with my HDMI viewfinder and I remember this used to be possible with the first firmware version. I couldn't find it anywhere in the new one, so I loaded the firmware v1.0 into Ptool 3.65d and checked the 'ExTele check disable' box in the patches for testers. Now, when I connect my GH2 to the HDMI monitor the ITC gets disabled, but when I hit record, it will go back to ETC mode. Unfortunately the camera locks up and the only way to solve this is to remove the battery.

My questions:

• What can I do to prevent the from locking up. I thought this patch was pretty reliable? I also tried it with Ptool 3.63d and no other patches but the Extele check disable patch, but still the same problem. I want to record in 1080i50 FSH mode.
    • I remember it would stay in ETC mode also with live view, but can't remember how I did it. Any tips?
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • I found this topic: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/356/gh2-hack-hdmi-output-testing/p1

I am very interested by HDMi output with ETC mode. I tried to find something and the only point that I found is that this was tested only with Ptool 3.60 and it was very unstable. I wasn't able to find a copy of Ptool 3.60 so I can't try to use the Extele patch (sorry for my english)

Here is an another answer: misterhu July 2011 @ alcomposer: ExTele Mode works in HDMI mode and I tested some different patches and bitrate up to 65mb/s but the difference between the live mode and the record mode is always the same. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/356/gh2-hack-hdmi-output-testing/p2 (see also page 3)